Riverside Transport Lease Purchase

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Mike Milholen, Mar 24, 2017.

1. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    I wish you the best off luck, but you have no clue about fueling or ifta. First, there is no annual fuel tax, it's quarterly. Second, you want to be looking at your net fuel price, not the pump price. Usually fuel in Illinois has the better net price compare to the states around it.

Net fuel price is the pump price minus your discount and minus the state fuel tax. Go do a search on here about ifta and fuel taxes, you really need to get a good understanding so you can save yourself money on fuel!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    It doesn't matter ... they control where he fuels, that makes it next to impossible to manage his fuel cost. Unless he's getting at least a .25 cent discount he will continue my struggle.

redoctober83 and RebelWolfJ Thank this.
  4. Cptn_Deudermont

Cptn_Deudermont Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2017
    as a company driver, i would always fills up, but that is due to not wanting to run out of fuel; done that before.

5. steelcitytrucka

steelcitytrucka Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I was referring to whatever terminal is closest to Pittsburgh

6. RebelWolfJ

RebelWolfJ Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Ease up, brother. You're being a little bit hostile. I never claimed to be an expert. I know about RTI's lease program because I've been here for a year and a half. Anyone will agree that you have to watch your fuel spending, and RTI handles the IFTA via settlement deduction and sends you an ANNUAL statement of your quarterly expenditure. Anyone who claims to know everything is either arrogant to the point of stupidity or a liar.

7. RebelWolfJ

Jul 30, 2017
    As a company driver, I did the same thing. It's a different story when you pay for it yourself. Once you pay for insurance, truck payment, etc, your fuel spending that week can make the difference between getting groceries that week or not lol

8. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    If thats the case, then its a bad program and not worth it.

9. RebelWolfJ

Jul 30, 2017
    It's not whether it's a bad program or not. It's reality. Fuel is your highest regular expense and it's not cheap. If you're spending a lot of time out west or on the east coast where it's well over $3/gal and you fill up every time, when you don't need to, that's wasted money. Hypothetical example:
    Your final load for the week is one of our contract customers from an hour west of Kansas City to central Florida. For whatever miscellaneous reason, you don't make a final fuel stop on that pay period. The next morning (new pay period,) the load that was supposed to get you back west falls through (maybe the shipper or consignee cancelled, maybe the broker accidentally double-booked and the other driver was signed in before you, whatever,) so they get a brokered load up the east coast to Pennsylvania where we have another contract customer. You need to fuel before you leave, plus another fuel stop on the way. You deliver in New Jersey, then head to PA for your pickup coming back to Kansas City. You stop one more time for fuel. You arrive in KC 3/4 of a tank of fuel.) "Hey, we just noticed that your truck is due for service. Since you're in town, come to the shop and get it out of the way." But there's a line. Between the wait time and the need for proper sleep so you can be safe, you're not available to drive until the next morning (day 5 of the pay period.) Your next load is great. 1500 miles, extra stop pay, at least two of the stops are sure to have 2-3 hours of detention each. But the final stop is on the first day of the next pay period. You had 3 fuel stops averaging 150 gallons each at an average of $3.25/gal, so roughly $1200 of fuel on a 2000 mile week. Are all weeks like that? Of course not. I wouldn't still be here if they were. This is just an example of why you don't fill the tank unless you know you might need it (like going across Wyoming in winter and a predicted 8" turns into a blizzard that closes the highways for 3 days,) or you run across a really low price.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  10. Coronado1785$

Coronado1785$ Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2017
    If you dont run enough miles to cover all cost of operating the truck they charge that back to the driver every QTR. So becareful. If freight slows down you may have to write a check or they drain your maint to cover all cost of the lease. Alot of pay by mile leases you need to avg 2500mi week . Pay by mile is the biggest of all leasing scams imo. Break down time off less than 2500 mi week your righting them a check period. I had a fried got a new trk it had issues his trk was down for 2 weeks Paccar gave him a trk to run with till his was fixed . Their was nothing in his pay by mile lease that waived the miles or payments due by the QTR. Cost him 4000.00 to keep the lease. He quit he only had 1000 in maint. After he quit his company traded truck for new 1. He had the 1 gen Paccar motor. Companies dont care pay the bill or else we got drivers standing inline to get screwed.

11. Coronado1785$

Coronado1785$ Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Its wise to keep your tanks at least 2/3 during winter condensation turns to ice in your tank. When truck runs condensation melts water in your fuel. Now you risk your filter freezing up when you shut down again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.