Road Atlas / Truck Stop Books

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by taylormade1, Feb 15, 2024.

1. dosgatos

dosgatos Medium Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Trucker Path started by Ukranians and is now owned by chinese Renren. The purpose is to collect data. The more drivers use the app for routing, the better. Real time tracking of trucks going to receivers. Helps brokers know where the empty trucks will be. Keeps costs down. Win-win.

tscottme Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TurkeyCreekJackJohnson

TurkeyCreekJackJohnson Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2024
    South Western US
    lual Thanks this.
  4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

If you have bought anything at Walmart or Amazon you are already supporting communist China. Trucker Path was my most valuable tool OTR. I never paid for it. The free version or an endless set of free-trials worked very well.

Numb and dosgatos Thank this.
  5. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Get the spiral bound laminated large print atlas…….

6. dosgatos

dosgatos Medium Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    I use it too. Just saying the purpose of the app is not to provide drivers with information. It's a data collection tool. Tracking the movement of loads. Using the information to help set rates. 200 trucks will be empty tomorrow in Columbus? Set a rate. 250 empty trucks? Set a lower rate. All before the trucks arrive in town.

7. tscottme

They use it for their purpose, I used it for my purpose. Some Libertarian CAN make a free, no data collected, replacement app for Trucker Path but they don’t. I was a company driver. It wasn’t my job to keep owner-ops in business. If owner-ops can only survive in a perfectly fair market, they need a better business plan.

dosgatos Thanks this.
  8. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Wait, anything bought at Walmart or Amazon supports the Commies? As painful as that sounds, what choice do we have? We are a global society now, that's right, your underpants are made in SE Asia, whether you like it or not. I suppose you could go commando, but my point is, I don't think buying cantaloupe at Walmart supports N.Koreas defense campaign. Our society today is inundated with goods from all over the world, and that won't ever change. I don't know about "Trucker Path", sounds like a good opportunity for surveillance, just give me a "Road Bible" any day.

9. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Rand McNally spiral bound laminated. A little pricey but worth it and they last. Sometimes you can find one from the previous year on sale pretty cheap. If your just starting out you'd probably want the most current version though lol

10. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    That's funny I do the same thing. Carrying a 2019 version now that I bought on sale when it was a year old. That was my upgrade from the 2009 model I'd been toting around.

11. tscottme

Buying products made in China supports which country, if not China? The CCP is China. Nothing is allowed to exist apart from it.

Your RM doesn't tell you ANYTHING about truck parking other than where a rest area is located. Even a personal notebook of past parking locations tells you nothing about truck parking today. Trucking is the only industry I've worked in where NOT KNOWING is a badge of honor for many.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.