Road test at orientataion questions....

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by RTVFL, Nov 22, 2015.

1. RTVFL

RTVFL Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2015
    1 more week till I head out to Cookeville....wondering about road test...I'm a recent truck school grad, so very little experience BTW obviously...did well on my road test with hwy dept. to get my license & that was in a 10 speed...Averitt has automatics is my understanding...any tips or info at all on what to expect would be greatly appreciated....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
  4. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    you will be with a trainer for 5 weeks at the end is a 120 mile road test, don't sweat it. Then a week of backing school after you pick up your truck. Total of 6 weeks. Then a transitional fleet manager until you are ready to move onto your on. Trainers typically do not teach you alot about backing. They do driving and qual com mostly then backing school.

5. jerezxp7

jerezxp7 Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2007
    oregon
    They are expecting a pretty sorry display so don't be to nervous the company uses it as a Gage to see what additional training you need good luck don't hit anything

RTVFL Thanks this.
  6. RTVFL

RTVFL Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Appreciate your reply...however in the email they sent me from Cookeville telling me about orientation it said I would have a physical & road test on the 1st day there & must pass them to keep moving along in the process...any info on the road test part of this...tia......

7. RTVFL

RTVFL Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Ok ....kinda what I figured....didn't think they could expect perfection from a newbie....but just wanted to be reassured some I guess...thanks..

8. chopper103in

chopper103in Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn
    You will come in and do a road test that takes about 45min... Just take your time and don't hit any cutbs or anything else and you will be fine....... Good Luck

RTVFL Thanks this.
  9. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    The tractors are auto as you know, just do as chopper says. Take your time, wait for the 4 wheelers to get out of the way if you need to make a turn regardless if you have any behind you waiting. But also have fun about it, it is a test yes, but no need to loose your nerves over it.

RTVFL and chopper103in Thank this.
  10. FreightlinerGuy

FreightlinerGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Great Lakes, USA
    Do they require this same type of training for experienced drivers?

11. chopper103in

chopper103in Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn
    depends on how long its been since you drove last

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.