Roadmaster Phoenix too many students, greedy?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by MaximumOverdrive21, Sep 14, 2023.

1. MaximumOverdrive21

MaximumOverdrive21 Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2023
    So I’m currently attending Roadmaster Phoenix and there’s some things I can’t wrap my head around. It seems like they’ve gotten way greedy and they are over booking these students. I wouldn’t have a problem with this except they are giving the ones who keep failing a hard time for “holding up the show”.

keep in mind that this school charges 11k for a months worth of school. So one would expect them to balance the student to teacher ratio, that way these paying customers (students) all get the same value for their money.

some used the GI Bill and their school is bought and paid for. If the VA knew this was going on they would most definitely investigate the situation.

When you have several dozen students to one instructor you’re going to have those that just can’t pass. It’s very distracting with so many people crammed In one classroom.

if you speak out about it you just get told to shush. It’s really not cool at all and I’d like to know what you folks think about it?

For being such a well known school in the industry they sure don’t seem to show it. They seem to forget that we paid for this expensive school. Why do they act as if we owe them any favors.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Doesn't Werner own that school?

austinmike Thanks this.
  4. MaximumOverdrive21

Sep 13, 2023
    Yes they do.

5. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    I do believe that situation is one example of where the term "CDL mill" comes from.

I'd say that pricetag is about double what the most expensive alternatives usually are -- and in many cases, for more than one month's worth of school, as well.

To keep things "easy"....you can do one of two things here -- quit, and go to another more reasonably-priced school, with a much better student/instructor ratio, or...

you can suck it up, and stay where you are....and finish (maybe).

Your choice.

Others here can likely make superior school choices, that aren't too far away.

In any case -- do keep us posted on your progress.

-- L

gentleroger and tscottme Thank this.
  6. MaximumOverdrive21

Sep 13, 2023
    Well here’s my problem . My only option is to stick it out because I was rushed to sign my loan contract the first day. So I’m stuck .

So I have to stick it out and hope.

I’ll keep you updated

austinmike and Chinatown Thank this.
  7. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    :( :( :(

-- L

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Stick it out and let Werner pay for it, with a contract.

austinmike Thanks this.
  9. Keepforgettingmypassword

Keepforgettingmypassword Heavy Load Member

Jan 11, 2022
    You told to sssh. Welcome to the first two years of being a driver. Set in front of the class. Pay attention and when you driving is the best time to ask questions. Because that's the time your getting all of the attention.
    Keep this in mind. The school is teaching you how to pass a test. And sadly that's about it. After 90 days out here you will forget 90% of what you learned there.

10. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    This thread offers 2 takeaways....especially for new(er) drivers:
    • "BEFORE YOU INVEST -- INVESTIGATE"
    • "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR -- YOU JUST MIGHT GET IT"
    -- L

Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
  11. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    $11k for a CDL??? I paid that much for 2 years of technical training at a very good Vocational College to become a machinist.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.