Robbie D. Wood

Discussion in 'Hazmat Trucking Forum' started by DuckieB, Nov 22, 2023.

1. DuckieB

DuckieB Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2023
    Looking at this company. Seen pretty positive and some negative. Wanted to check here. Any honest thoughts?

Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    Welcome to the forum.

Are you IN this industry today, already, as in already a driver? If so, your best source of information is to find one of these elusive RDW drivers and knock on their door (don't wake them up or else their ideas about their company won't be the first thing that comes out of their mouths) and ask them what they think. Chances are, they'll be very honest with you.

But understand, everyone has difference experiences. I know drivers that swear by the first company that I worked for. At first, they were ok, but they constantly switched me back and forth between driving during the day and driving at night. I could never get my sleep schedule right and fell asleep 3 times driving. I turned in the keys at the yard and never looked back.

4. broke down plumber

broke down plumber Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2024
    You fell asleep 3 times ? sleep sleep ? Im glad you're alive . Good luck .

5. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Heavy Load Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn oops Ocala, Fl.
    Is that Johnny B Goodes cousin?

hope not dumb twucker Thanks this.
  6. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    RDW was a decent company years back. But nowadays its just a job to get you by until you find something else. Every driver that I've ran into over the last 10 yrs says the money isn't there anymore. Clean Harbors was there biggest customer. But clean Harbors started hiring there own drivers.

RDW has a tanker division now. But its mainly brokered loads. And every o/o that I've met has said that there looking to sign own elsewhere. RDW use to pay well up until maybe 2011. They also use to have profit sharing. But that hasn't happened in a while. Its the greatest job in the world for the country guys that work there and live out in the sticks. But for others its not worth it.

Otr Traveler Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.