Robert Bearden Inc (RBI)

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by islandheart, Feb 7, 2011.

1. islandheart

islandheart Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2009
    montgomery, al
    Does anyone know anything much about this company. They have offices in Valdosta and Cairo Ga? What's the pay like?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    Ive never driven for them and havent heard much, but had a co-worker who went with them. He seemed happy. Their trucks all have APUs and always look in good repair and clean. They pull alot of loads out of the Lowes DC in Valdosta. I called about a position with them about 6 months ago, but they didnt have any trucks available. They also told me they were expanding their fleet due to high frieght volume. Take that with a grain of salt, I did. Alot may have changed since I called, so it may be a good idea for you to call and get updated info. If I were to go back OTR, RBI would be my first choice(done with the big guys).

4. ROLLIN' T

ROLLIN' T Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Valdosta, GA
    Well guys, I work for them. I have been there going on 2 years. It may not seem like a very long time but it is long enough to tell what kind of company you are working for. I must say I am very happy here. I live in Valdosta and it is true about the Lowes DC. I get home very regular because of that. I avg 2700-3000 miles per week if I want it and have a 2010 volvo condo. And we have all airiride trailers. You can make a good living with them if you will work.

Twan, Coolbreeze100 and 123456 Thank this.
  5. longbedGTs

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    Hello fellow Valdostian! Is it true that they have freight going into and coming out of Texas and California?

6. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    Just curious do ya'll still haul out of ADM. A lot?

7. ROLLIN' T

ROLLIN' T Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Valdosta, GA
    Yes we haul a lot of ADM as well. Some of that goes to the Dallas, TX area and then they will get you a backhaul usually coming back close to home. That's the biggest of what they try to do is run us out and right back in. PCA (papermill) in Clyattville may run up into the midwest and perhaps rarely northeast. But no California as of yet. We are tagged for it and he is expanding outward slowly but nothing west of TX as of yet. Our safety rating is good and therefore we haul for some pretty sizeable shippers with a big percentage of drop and hook.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  8. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    Cool. I used to haul bulk meal out of there. Always seemed like he had a plan when he started with those old raven trucks. Glad to hear they are doing well.

Dang sure don't miss the friday afternoon line for bean meal

9. SGATrucker

SGATrucker Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Cordele, Ga
    I applied with them about 3 weeks ago. Got my app processed and recruiting guy told me he didn't have an empty truck to put me in. Don't know if thats changed now or not. Wound up going with Davis Express instead.

10. longbedGTs

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    I'm back OTR and landed a job with RBI. I've only been here about a month, so I'm still learning about policies and procedures and such. At this point, I will say that this is a great company to work for. I've been travelling the SE...only been in GA, AL, MS, LA, and FL. Miles are great and you will run if you take a proactive approach. They constantly offer loads over the QC to everyone as a group, and you call in if you can run the load. I don't think they have load planners. You can take a Sunday load if you please...or like I've been doing...take a load that p/u on Sunday and delivers on Monday. That gives me about 1-1.5 days at home and I get a good start to the week.

Deadhead miles are kept very short I've noticed. You can choose where you want to fuel as long as it's on their list of approved stops. I have a 2008 Volvo condo with carrier APU and it's a good truck currently getting 7.1mpg and tops out at 70mph. I've pulled 2 brokered loads and have done more than a few live load/unload...but the majority has been drop and hook.

So far, my impression of RBI is great and I really like that they have freight that they "offer" everyone over the QC. I haven't had a paycheck under $800 yet.

jwg1956jg and 123456 Thank this.
  11. southpoint123

southpoint123 Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2011
    winter haven fl
    do they hire out of central fl thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.