Robert Bearden Inc (RBI)

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by islandheart, Feb 7, 2011.

1. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Leftnut

Leftnut Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Mobile, Al
    Does RBI hire out of Mobile, Al?

4. softail3543

softail3543 Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2009
    chapel hill,tn
    Longbed, who is your dispatcher at RBI? And are you happy with Robert selling the company to Quickway? Is that working out for the drivers there so far? My driver works there and his miles are crap. We are lucky to see $250-$300 a week. (I know RBI says it wasn't a sellout, just turning into an Esop with Quickway....but the man from Quickway stated at the November drivers meeting that Quickway "acquired" RBI.) Please post your thoughts and maybe a suggestion on how to get more miles with this company. Don't say talk to Robert about it....tried that on several occassions and it only worked for a couple of weeks then right back to garbage miles.) Thank you for reding and be safe out there. :)

5. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    Hey man, just now seeing this. I'm one of those drivers who flys under the radar and stays out of everyone's business. I don't complain, I just do my job and keep a good attitude even when I get crapped on. Don't pay much attention to company politics. Don't care who owns what...I just care about my miles, driver treatment, and making money. They're running my butt off(last week was 3,500 miles) and I am making the best money of my career. $250-$300 a week? Something is very wrong. Lowes is in full swing right now and we are very busy. I won't speculate on why your guy is getting crap miles, but I will say that you have to run miles to get money. Since you say he is "your driver" I'm guessing he's an owner op? If so, then there's much more to the story of the supposed "$250-$300" per week.

6. platinum

platinum Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    How about some current info any other current drivers on here? How much hometime, etc? Whats is their CPM? Just inquiring for now! Pet Policy?

7. just dandy

just dandy Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Well the pay isn't great about 33 to 35 cents per mile they need to get with the program and pay more money and no safety bonus that most companies pay you will run I am looking to get a little more money most are paying around 38 to 40 cents a mile. If he were more fair it would be a great company to work for .I never saw a company that didn't pay a safety bonus .He only will pay a bonus if no driver has a accident .Well That's not going to happen when there is that many drivers so its a catch 22 so he don't have to pay one .You are punished also for being a good driver .and most companies pay a penny a mile.

8. just dandy

just dandy Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Islandheart THe pays not great 33cents to 35cents and no safety bonus most companies pay a penny a mile for safety bonus .well Rbi will pay a safety bonus to everyone if no driver has a accident ,so you get punished if you are a great driver.

9. Lone Ranger 13

Lone Ranger 13 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    A friend of mine has worked at rbi for about 10 months. He gets $.34/mile. He stays busy and gets home on the weekend. He is happy . He runs Fl. Ga. NC. SC. Al. La. Ms. Va. Hauls a lot of Lowes . Drives 2010 volvo 670.

10. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
  11. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    It's a good company to work for but the pay is low. My first year equated to about .28cpm straight pay from the miles I ran. Per diem is another bad point.
    Though, he just raised pay across the board to .35cpm(previously was .34). Not much, but still counts for something.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.