Robot Truckers Could Replace 500K US Jobs

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by VA CDL Holder, Mar 19, 2022.

1. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Computers could replace the idiots that came up with that idea today, without killing the motoring public. Maybe they should start there.

usamerica Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    in the beginning i was against this sort of thing.

but of late, i am pro robotics, autonomous trucks, etc,etc,etc. .

reasons being, too many drugged out, drunk out, careless, ignorant, negligent truckers.

we need to clean up the industry and if that means so many will lose thier jobs, so be it. they are useless morons that need to be low wage earners, even lower than burger flippers, instead of steering wheel holders.

and i'm hoping that's where the replacements take place, all the morons get fired first.

4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Whew, guess I'm not the only one upset, calm down ( I should talk) have another cup, ( sounds like a good idea, be right back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,), ahhhh, okay, where were we? Oh yeah, robots aren't going to drive trucks, not in our lifetime, so we'll just have to put up with who this job is attracting today. I SAY,,,they aren't much more than "robots" anyway, and if these "robots" get fired, well, I for one, am glad SOMEONE is doing this job today, it's appealing to less and less. Testing has "weeded" out most drug and alcohol users, I think ignorant is a better term, they simply, due to their background in other jobs, just don't have what it takes, or want to, and all the robotic trucks in the world won't haul our strawberries to the DC. Can you imagine the mess that would create? I think outlaw truckers will have a better shot before robots.

5. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    testing is a joke, regarding the dope users and drunks.

they are still out there, more than we could ever know to be.

i say NO MORE SAP programs for starters. got caught doing dope or being drunk??

permanent revoking of the CDL, and NO chance in hell to ever get it back, and that revoking goes to all countries, where someone might go to, to start driving in another country.

i say at the very least a HS diploma, with a GPA of 3.0.

an IQ of at least 125

i say a super clean background, ABSOLUTELY NO arrest record, jail time, expunged records, probation, judgement with held, etc,etc,etc....ever.>!!

no accidents....EVER.....!!

no medications for depression, diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, attention deficient disorder, hair loss, PTSD, and any other medical condition.... EVER.

MUST BE ABLE to READ, WRITE, SPEAK, in AMERICAN ENGLISH...PERIOD.....

NO foreigners on a green card, or work Visa...EVER.....

but noooo........too many libtards would cry it's "unfair", to deny people jobs....

so let the highway slaughters continue.

6. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    think of the convenience.

slip your debit or credit card into the slot, and they get paid on the spot......no postage stamps wasted, mailing us the bill.

7. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    An industry purge is certainly needed.

drvrtech77 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  8. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    I agree with some of the parameters, like no more sap, and others. However, I think your list would create a true driver shortage. How many drivers out there would fail just one part of your criteria?

goga Thanks this.
  9. Inderjit

Inderjit Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.

Albert Einstein

Boondock Thanks this.
  10. goga

goga Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Earth..
    "Robot Truckers Could Replace 500K US Jobs"

Yep, exactly, COULD :cool:

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  11. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    that's the "thing" about the industry.

as many of us know (depending on our respective ages), truck driving was more "Nobel", and "respectful", as far into the 70's..

you could depend on a trucker to stop, help, and be courteous, and well mannered, well groomed, and dressed as a professional.

it took a downfall, decades ago, and simply will not get back up to the way it once was..

too many lax hiring practices. did you know that at one time, Werner had a 5 year experience level, BEFORE they would even look at your application?

did you know that nearly ALL tanker companies had at least a 10 year experience level BEFORE they would look at your application?

dispatchers actually talked to you, not AT you, when you went up the the dispatch window.

companies actually had cook outs/ BBQ's every summer time.

but the dregs of society infiltrated the industry, and since then, it's like the flood gates opened to the morons, ignorant, DUMB, negligent, steering wheel holders and took down a once Nobel, respectable job, to a point where no self respecting trucker, wants to ever be compared to, when the SHTF on the 11 o'clock news.

sevenmph Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.