Roehl begins contracts to work there?!?!?!!

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by flatbeddr3182, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Tortoise

Tortoise Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2015
    I do like everything else about Roehl, which is why I went ahead and signed the contract. Hopefully I will complete my 75,000 miles and there won't be any issues

Texnmidwest Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bravo1

bravo1 Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Hey Tortoise I just got the same letter but they want to front me $1500.00 for 75,000 miles. And, like you, I don't feel that two weeks is long enough with a trainer. I payed for my CDL out of pocket and got it from one of their approved schools.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    Reason for edit: more info
    xlsdraw Thanks this.
  4. Kevin Lewis

Kevin Lewis Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Pensacola, FL
    Some of you all need to understand that a company does in fact have the right to recoup their expenses. The question is, did they pay for your school in a tuition reimbursement. If so, what do you think they deserve to do to make up that expense.
    It seems logical to me, unless you are just looking for a handout.
    They are willing to pay back your loan...quit complaining.
    If that DOES NOT apply to you, this response is not directed at you.
    Starting out in truckdriving isnt always golden retrievers and kittens. Get a grip. Smile...and earn your way!

Texnmidwest, Driver320 and JOHNQPUBLIC Thank this.
  5. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    It sounds like companies were telling drivers to go to Roehl and get the training, then quit and come to them. They had to do something. Don't blame them whatsoever.

Kevin Lewis Thanks this.
  6. mallory Rose

mallory Rose Bobtail Member

May 12, 2015
    It's true. Except now it's more miles. Th ere are 2 different contracts.

1 is for those getting their cdl through roehl. Their contract is for 125000 miles and if they quit or get fired before they owe close to 5000 back to roehl within 30 days.

The 2nd is for people like me... who came to roehl with a cdl. If you quit before 75000 mile you owe roehl just over 3000 dollars for their "job training". Wich in reality is also orientation and a test.wich is 7 days long. Because if they do not like your ability to drive they send you home.

XZRF4 and xlsdraw Thank this.
  7. mallory Rose

mallory Rose Bobtail Member

May 12, 2015
    Let me also say... for the 75000 dollar contract you payed roehl nothing for training. It was orientation. That's what you owe them for. It's different than the school

8. Gypsy27

Gypsy27 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2015
    I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to bring it back up.

Is Roehl still requiring this contract for people who already have their CDL?

I am getting ready to get my CDL through a local tech college and was interested in Roehl, but there is no way I am going to sign a contract to be on the hook for over $3,000 when you already have your CDL.

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  9. Captain Fluffy

Captain Fluffy Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2015
    MN
    Stay away from Roehl whatever you do!!!!

I will be writing a thread based off of my experience with them once my 75k has been satisfied, but I can tell you that there are plenty of other good carriers out there that won't treat you like I have been treated.

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  10. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Roehl USE to be a good company to start with, I was there as Everett retired and Rick took more control, its not the company it once was.

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  11. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    How can you be sure another company wont treat you the same, better, or even worse, until you work for them?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.