Roehl Driver Fired! Youtube Video.

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by jyhm, Oct 6, 2008.

1. jyhm

jyhm Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2007
    New England, USA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6fQzzwjC8c

Make sure your idle time is low as this SE Regional driver found out. Also make sure you are at home and have cleaned out your truck when you give 2 weeks notice. COLD!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dr. Venture

Dr. Venture Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Ithaca, NY
    Roehl treated me very well when I left. They even gave me money on a disposable ComData to get home with.

4. tiredofdispatcherlies

tiredofdispatcherlies Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Hershey,PA
    A wise man once said that in every case there are too sides to a story, YOUR SIDE, THEIR SIDE, AND THE TRUTH......I mean the industry can be a very harsh and nasty place at times but for him to have that happen could mean their was something alterior to it. He just has that air about him of being a major pain the ###.

Dr. Venture Thanks this.
  5. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    Yeah for me they put me in a hotel my last night and paid for and arranged for my travel home. No complaints because they dang sure didn't have to do that.

Dr. Venture Thanks this.
  6. tiredofdispatcherlies

tiredofdispatcherlies Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Hershey,PA
    This guy was just some smart ### know it all hick from TN who thought that if he cant have it his way then he will show is ###. In the end they probaly got sick of him and his crap and threw him out

7. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    I just wish he could sing :biggrin_25512:

JolliRoger Thanks this.
  8. jyhm

jyhm Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2007
    New England, USA
    It's true there are two sides to a story. But i think the video wants to focus on this side of the story. I also have heard of the drivers who fare well after they leave notice. But I have hard some other stories as well.

The person who did this video, is putting out a 2nd video of the whole interview (no music). The 1st video was to focus mainly on the music and the context behind the music.

Apparently, the driver who got fired, was extremely polite and did not curse or raise his voice during his termination. Nor where there holes in his story that would raise a brow. He is now working for US Xpress, whom of which he had worked with for 4 yrs prior to his 1.5yrs with Roehl. From what I have heard, he was welcomed back with open arms and is running a lot more miles.

Take it for entertainment value, and a grain of salt. Consider this when you run idle time to high or give notice b4 u have cleaned out your truck at home. Just in case.

9. jyhm

jyhm Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2007
    New England, USA
    Yes he was from TN, and maybe a smart ### hick. But I have met so many hillbillies in PA, who act like their sophisticated rednecks or something. As if they don't think half of PA is, maybe because it's north of TN somehow they are above other county folk. Just about every where in PA, people are smoking all the time.

Sorry 2 the other people from PA. I could not resist,.. :biggrin_25525:

10. Minus...

Minus... Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Philly, PA...
    When i leave a company...i'm going to make sure i empty my truck out first...so that way i'll need nothing to carry...leave the frig...all the stuff...clothes...everything...i'll just have a duffle of clothes...and that's it...and give my notice when i'm close to my town...not all the way across the country...

11. ccraft03

ccraft03 Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2008
    McConnells, SC
    Dr. Venture, why did you leave Roehl?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.