Roehl drivers: Where do you run?

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Bearsox, Mar 10, 2008.

1. jl090507

jl090507 Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Maryland

Instead of calling him "Unka_D", I think I'll start calling him "Unka_Confucious"!

:biggrin_2559: :biggrin_2559: :biggrin_25514: :biggrin_25514:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Unka_D

Unka_D Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2008
    The Open Road, USA
    LOL!!! Patience Grasshopper...... !!!! And please!!! Not Buddha!!! I would have to start eating at the buffet to give that impressiion!!! More like a dried up old fisherman....

Actually, not so much wisdom. Just willing to voice my opinion and also de-bunk the myth that an individual who has never been an OTR driver knows first-hand what I, as a driver, am dealing with every single day.

One thing I did when I first started was read the DRG from cover to cover before I was through orientation. I've also kept up with the changes...:biggrin_2556:

Knowledge is power. The trick to this is never letting others know just how much you know.:biggrin_25513:

I love it when I am told something is against ROEHL policy. If I have found a reference to that in the DRG, well and good. If it's not in there, I raise the BS flag and tell the person spouting the policy to show it to me in writing.....:biggrin_25523: Amazing how many times people invent "policy" just to keep from having to take responsibility for their actions.... Hmmmm....

And you know, I have examined my CDL numerous times and I still haven't found anywhere on that document that says it belongs to anyone but me...:biggrin_25520:

Good luck to you....

4. jl090507

jl090507 Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Maryland
    Hey Unka... how long have you been with Roehl?

5. Unka_D

Unka_D Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2008
    The Open Road, USA
    Some days it seems like forever, others just a short time... About 5 years or so... And have run in all divisions at one time or other... Even pulled a reefer once....:biggrin_25523:

6. Tennessee Traveler

Tennessee Traveler Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Winchester,Tennessee
    Unka D,can you give me the in's and outs of the reefer division,I am not new to the refer business (6years) 14 years driving,Just don't know much about Roehl,Can you help with info,Thanks

7. firecracker24

firecracker24 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2008
    lakeland,florida
    i didnt know roehl had a reffer div. i just started with them this week and got van national because of the area i live in.i would like to get into reffer and dont know how.i have werner training in it but never got to pull one.any advice??

8. CMoore2004

CMoore2004 Road Train Member

Nov 2, 2007
    OTR
    Call your DSR or fleet manager and ask him/her. Being in Florida, you're probably in a good position to haul a reefer.

9. evolutioncalling

evolutioncalling Medium Load Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    You would think, but Reefer doesn't come down to Florida yet. I checked while I was in Marshfield. No openings for flatbed either:biggrin_25513:

10. Unka_D

Unka_D Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2008
    The Open Road, USA
    Unfortunately, I can't give any good information on the Reefer division. I pulled one, once, to get out of TX when there was no Curtain or Van loads to get me back up North but that was it... Sorry.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.