Roehl Flatbed "get your CDL" training at Phx terminal?

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by GWS, Aug 17, 2015.

1. GWS

GWS Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2015
    Oh the frustration continues.... Apparently the only person you can talk to as a prospective new hire is the one recruiter. Thats it. Almost all of the numbers will be answered in WI, with very limited info and will direct you to the one recruiter. The issue here is that as a prospective new hire, this is not just a job too me. It's a lifestyle and career change and I do not treat that lightly. I need a little more specific info and some details. I do not need to "sold" on Roehl, it was already my first choice, I need details. Roehl's website is full of info that seems to differ depending on what link you use to get there or what path through the site you take. Seems to me they are very protective of info that should be important to a prospective new hire and are protective of who you speak to. This raises some red flags for me, for some it doesn't but for me it does. Im hoping these issues can be cleared up, Im hoping this is not a glimpse of what its like to be a part of team Roehl.

TB John and Lightside Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GWS

GWS Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2015
    Ok got those things straightened out, miscommunication or something. :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  4. k1221n2

k1221n2 Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2014
    There's a couple long stay hotels around 51st and McDowell, run around $200 a week. Stayed at intown suites for about a month it was ok.

T_Bone and GWS Thank this.
  5. GWS

GWS Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2015
    Do you work for Roehl?
    I'm having a hard time getting real info about them from any employees, seems they would rather you not talk to anyone but the recruiter at all costs. Seems very strange to me. They where my first choice but things are just wonkie and feel uneasy about them now.

6. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Still having the same problem here GWS. I hear Werner have trainees for almost 3 months...just insane.

GWS Thanks this.
  7. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Where do you live?

8. GWS

GWS Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2015
    In Arizona, up near wickenburg.

9. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ever think of getting your CDL through a community college?

10. GWS

GWS Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2015
    Yes, but I'm over 2 hours away from the closest one that offers it. The costs are a little prohibitive as well. It would be something I would have to travel to daily or motel it. Timing is an issue as well. In my situation a company sponsored CDL seems to be the best option.

11. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Hey Bakerman that your truck in the pic? Looks cool. Could you recommend some good starter companies? I am fixing to go with Werner but just curious if you knew any others? Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.