Roehl Orientation questions

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by onthefence, Nov 3, 2010.

1. BCinOH

BCinOH Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Yeah, my class starts there on Monday the 15th and I'll be there for the three week class. Staying at the Woodsfield Inn

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. onthefence

onthefence Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Rensselaer, NY
    So, do you start with the 3 day orientation?

If you want my real name and cell phone number, PM me and we can exchange info. If not, see you there.

4. childerscarl1

childerscarl1 Medium Load Member

Nov 11, 2009
    skunkflats,ark
    yep thats right, and then you shut down take a 10 hr break and drive another 11 hrs if thats what it takes to deliver the load.
    it can be ur birthday, aniversery, xmas morning, or some other special
    event, trucking is not 9 to 5 or monday through friday ! good luck:biggrin_25525:

5. onthefence

Sep 1, 2010
    Rensselaer, NY
    The difference is that I get paid to deliver a load. The two days driving are unpaid, which I understand, the dates are irrelevant.

6. onthefence

Sep 1, 2010
    Rensselaer, NY
    Well, this sucks. I passed my physical agility test, but failed my road test. It seems that in the month I was not driving a manual shifting turck, I forgot it all. Maybe it was nerves, but that doesn't matter. I am now in a hotel waiting until morning to get on a bus to go home to NY (1 day 2 hours). I already had a pre-hire with US Xpress, which I should have taken, so I will be going to them next. They use only automatics, so hopefully that will work out.

7. MayhemTrucking

MayhemTrucking Heavy Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Denham Springs, La.
    wow that sucks hate to hear that. didnt know they were getting so strict on that. hell half the ppl out here cant shift perfect all the time.. best of luck to ya

8. JunkHauler

JunkHauler Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Hamersville, OH
    Sorry to hear that man, hopefully you land on your feet somewhere else.

9. molands

molands Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NW TN
    where was u in orientation?

10. onthefence

Sep 1, 2010
    Rensselaer, NY
    Just to put a footnote on this:
    Roehl is a top shelf company. Even though I was not considered an employee, they re-imbursed the rental car's gas and tolls, they paid for the taxi back to the hotel, they paid for a 1 hour shuttle ride to the next hotel room (next to the bus terminal) which they also paid for, and they also bought me a bus ticket with my choice of 3 departure times.

Once again, as I was not chosen to work for them, they really did not owe me anything, so I am grateful for them doing all this. I wish I had more experience with them.

thelastrebel Thanks this.
  11. molands

molands Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NW TN
    did they say whether you could try again later?
    we had a driver in our class in ellenwood that was let go after driving test and he was a OO for the past year

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.