Roehl Transport - Are times changing?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Tadakatsu, May 1, 2023.

1. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    He's going to have plenty of opportunities. Unfortunately, they are probably going to be just working for another junk OTR company! Maybe with your infinite wisdom, you could tell him who you work for? Pay it forward to others? I don't know, seems like a great idea to me?

Bud A. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tadakatsu

Tadakatsu Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2022
    Sheboygan, Wisconsin
    Here's another update, Roehl has garnished my two final paychecks. Not only did they deliberately underpay me by 16 cents per mile but they also did not reimburse me for any security deposits that they required me to make for certain pieces of equipment, etc.

What a piece of **** organization...

Last edited: May 10, 2023
  4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    UNIVAR, that is the only company in the world worth considering.

5. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    Well that's just a dumb comment to make? I just work for them. If I worked for another company that paid well, I would let everyone know on this forum. They have afforded me a great lifestyle on my days off. I don't live to truck. I know that I have asked you a few times before just exactly who you work for? But I have received either a vague response or no response at all every time? Can you please explain why you can't answer a simple question?

Bud A. Thanks this.
  6. 2Tap

2Tap Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2022
    Southern Wisconsin
    Tankers? Cheese? Nope, more likely reefer hauling the finished product. I'm enjoying every aspect of hauling the moo juice and delivering to factories EXCEPT lack of two days off in a row, plural. I got to drill that into the owners head when he gives me 2 loads Saturday & Sunday and I tell him nope. I got stuffzs to do!

His location says North Dakota and not Sconnie or i could suggest a multitude of places to work and bring home $2500 weekly if dedicated to living in a day cab and dining too frequently at Kwik Trip.

Man, lemme tell you. Spring ride trailers and doing the badonky donk over some of these bridges is a real rodeo i certainly wasn't expecting.

Tadakatsu and ducnut Thank this.
  7. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    He must’ve updated it.

8. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    @Tadakatsu

give Magnum a look. They are a decent company, to just get more experience with. IF you can get the 2yr mark, then look at Holland Enterprises.

If your not wanting OTR, and have a passport, S&S out of Grand Forks has a regional gig you might like.

Tadakatsu Thanks this.
  9. Tadakatsu

Tadakatsu Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2022
    Sheboygan, Wisconsin
    I took a job with Bell Energy in Killdeer, North Dakota and so far everything is going great. I will probably do a write-up in the good trucking company forum and if anyone wants a job with them I can give you a referral that will can you up and hopefully you can get hired on very quickly and start making some serious money like I am now.

Last edited: May 19, 2023
    Still undecided, TB John, 2Tap and 2 others Thank this.
  10. lunchbox88

lunchbox88 Bobtail Member

May 19, 2023
    funny that the first thing i see upon signing up is something on Roehl.

i worked with Roehl back when i first started. i already had my CDL but only 2 months experience, so Roehl offered me a job if I went through their training program all over again. which i did. started off alright out of the grand prairie location, but got fired later on during my off time. i asked for extended time off, but agreed to work long enough to take the 5 days off i wanted. we all agreed.

they fired me for "being late to an appointment," but the appointment was supposed to be a drop and hook. turns out, it was a live unload and due to bad information from my dispatcher, i had no idea and overslept thinkin' it was just a drop. nope.

they then went after me for the same 7000 dollars and sent it to collections months later. later found out they fired everyone in my training class before their year was up.

11. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    This is unfortunate, the situation you are in. I would have said it must have gotten picked up in the tire en route to wherever I was going. You nor they can prove it didn't. They can't exactly just assume you're to blame either.

As for the contractual issue, if they made any promises or statements which turned out to be false to make you sign this contract, I would consult an attorney about the possibly of fraudulent inducement. Did they not give you a copy of the contract when you signed it in orientation?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.