Roehl Transport, Inc. - Marshfield, Wi.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Cocky, Apr 22, 2006.

1. blaque rose

blaque rose Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I would like to hear the good, bad, and the ugly also. I'm suppose to be starting orientation next week and I'm a little cautious due to the size of the company. There is a smaller company that wants me too but benefits at Roehl are better. What are the recruiters not telling me?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011

I guess that pretty much depends upon what the recruiters have told you.

4. blaque rose

Sep 30, 2013
    I being told this is a real good company, I will get home on time for the time requested, good running trucks, and dispatchers and planners will care about the driver just as much as the recruiter. I pretty much know what is BS and what isn't. My main concern is the miles and getting home. How good is Roehl in those areas?

5. blaque rose

Sep 30, 2013
    I have a feeling that whatever issues me and the recruiter discussed will go right out the window after orientation.

6. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Not likely, but if you don't give specifics it's going to be difficult for drivers to let you know which expectations are realistic and and which are not.

7. blaque rose

Sep 30, 2013
    Are you a driver? I noticed it says you are in the trucking industry. Are you able to shed any light on this out for 11-14 home for 3? Do you really get home for 3 or is one of the days you drive home considered one of the 3? And are you out closer to the 14 (or a day or 2 over that) or is it really closer to the 11? I really dont want to be on the road for 3 weeks at a time.

8. The OSU

The OSU Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Since March I've been 11/3 and occasionally get home on day 12 or 13 but never been longer, not yet anyway. Couple times they asked me if I could make another run and I said yes. Hometime is 24 hr days from the time you get home. Start driving at midnight, get home at noon....time off starts at noon. Be back at noon in three days or 72 hours. Sometimes I get another night or get home at 5pm and then I'm home four nights. Overall, happy with Roehl, and I had the same concerns as you regarding being out for 3-6 weeks with several other companies that pay more per mile.

9. buckmanmike

buckmanmike Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2010
    in the country, georgia
    At Roehl when they say off for 3 days, that means 72 hours. They won't force early return. In fact, they have never called me at home to ask for me to leave early.

10. The OSU

The OSU Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just had PM done and cruise control can now be set to 63 same as pedal.

11. blaque rose

Sep 30, 2013
    Thank you The OSU and buckmanmike. B safe out there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.