Roehl Transport, Inc. - Marshfield, Wi.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Cocky, Apr 22, 2006.

1. TurboTrucker

TurboTrucker Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Rossville, Georgia
    It shouldn't be a problem as long as you have a decent record and experience within the last three years, prior to nine months ago. It's when drivers leave the industry for at least three consecutive years that the insurance industry reverts them to "inexperienced" status.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    Call Deanne Carroll at 1-800-467-6345 ext 2145 at Roehl. She was the one who helped my hubby and is very nice. Good Luck!

4. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    63MPH is over speed at roehl? what is there speed limit?

5. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    I'll give Roehl a call and see if I could be hired on. I've been off the road for over 3 years now, and I want to see what I need to do to get back behind a steering wheel of a GOOD company. I'll call up Crete as well and see what THEY say about my situation. They'll probably say the same thing Roehl's guys tell me. I believe I'm still employed by Crete. I keep getting their company newsletters and W-2 forms (with big gooseggs on them) in the mail.

I assume Roehl has a training program for "inexperienced" drivers.

I don't want to go back to a school, but I fear this is exactly what I'll have to do. I don't want to sign a contract for "free" training in exchange for a year, but I may have to do this as well. I'm not paying any more money on training. Besides, Roehl may be worth the risk. I know Crete is "good enough" and they DO have a training program. I'm a good driver with a good attitude. If Roehl IS good and treats me right, I'll easily last a year. I'll probably drive for 'em for five years. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, I guess. It sounds like it'll be all on my shoulders at Roehl. If I don't last, it'll be solely my own #### fault.

It'll be funny to go to driving school again, IF I have to go. I can see it now. Me in a truck with three other guys who can't drive at all. I'll blow them and the trainer away and wonder "Why the hell am I in this #### training truck? I already KNOW how to drive." ####ing insurance companies.

6. truckntim80

truckntim80 Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Cookeville, TN
    Yeah Roehl Transportation does have a school.

Since you have been off the road for a while, they may have you go out with a trainer for a week or so. Someone else told me this.

I have to wait a while and I’ll re-apply at Roehl, as my work history stinks. I am going to stick it out at the job I’m at now for at least a year.

7. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    That's the best way to go, Tim. Stay at your job and build a stable work history. This'll give you the chance in a year or two to get hired on at a good trucking company.

I'll be calling Roehl in the coming days and see what they say about my situation. I'm worried about my work history, though. I've been overseas working and my employers are going to be hard to contact. I'll make this clear with Roehl's HR and see what they say. If they give me the go ahead, I'll fly back to the US later this month and head to Roehl's headquarters. If they say "no", I'll call Crete. If Crete also says "no", I'll stay overseas and forget about trucking.

Roehl will probably want me to go at least a month with a trainer if I head their way. Crete may let me get away with going with a trainer a short time, though. It'd be two weeks minimum no matter which company I go with.

8. Cocky

Cocky Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2005
    No, 67 is overspeed. The trucks are governed at 65 as they are with a lot of companies these days. However a lot of drivers, myself included, keep the cruise on around 63 simply because excessive overspeed will affect your bonus. Just watch it going down hills, and overspeed is a moot issue.

9. whispers65233

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    Skull let me confirm this with hubby. I was pretty sure that was correct but let me get my facts straight. Roehl is very fair and good to their drivers so I don't want to misrepresent any information.

10. whispers65233

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    How's it going with your decision between Crete and Roehl?

11. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    I haven't been checking with those guys really. I'm still overseas in xxxxxxxxx.

I already know what the answer is gonna be, though. I'll have to go to a training school again or a refresher course at a community college. I think Salt Lake Community College will offer a refresher course next month. I'll have to give 'em a call and ask how much it runs and how long it is. I don't want to spend more than about a week getting my CDL, and I definitely won't spend too much green stuff getting it. Not this time around.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.