Rolling up car windows and almost got a DUI. Thank God!!!!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by longhairdontcare, Jun 19, 2018.

1. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    I umderstand you probably had some bad exeriences with the police I had one or two back in my.teen years. On the job I always treated folks the way I wished to be treated..thats the only way to be.

06driver Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    stuffed-rat-snitch.png

4. Pedigreed Bulldog

May 7, 2011

5. smokey12

May 30, 2012
    I have seen some of this professor before. We could immerse ourselves in an arguement all day about the 5th Amendment . This guy is making a broad statememt..where does he really stand in reference to being a witness to a crime?
    So you see a woman get robbed in the parking lot by a guy in a white t shirt who leaves in a white pick up. The police arrive and look for witnesses and you say "I ain't seen nothing". You get pulled over and don't roll down your window and dont present your DL cause you "dont talk to the police"..see how far that gets you and see if you keep your job. If this is what you do then your part of the problem.

6. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL

Neither of your examples have anything to do with what we're talking about

Pedigreed Bulldog Thanks this.
  7. smokey12

May 30, 2012
    Enlighten me on what you are talking about then

8. Final Drive

Final Drive Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2015

......in your car.

9. Pedigreed Bulldog

May 7, 2011
    If you say you didn't see anything, but you actually did...and it can be proven that you did...you just committed a crime (which was covered in the video).

...and when you are pulled over, you're required to present certain documents (license, insurance, registration) to the officer. You have every right to sit there with your mouth shut and not say a thing or answer any of his silly questions ("Where are you coming from?" "Where are you going?" "Where's the fire?" "Do you know why I pulled you over?"). He's attempting to get you to say something that "can and will be used against you" if the matter ends up in court.

Canned Spam Thanks this.
  10. smokey12

May 30, 2012
    Ah well really..what kind of thinking is this??hope you can live with yourself. This kind of mentality.is what sets those people apart from the rest who refuse to get involved and make the world a better place. As far as witnessing a crime you saw and your more worried about going to jail rather than catch the bad guy then your no help to society..i went to work everyday wondering if I was going to get hung out to dry....it.was part.of the job. I went to calls all the time where people didn't want to be witnesses..they were never arrested. They feared for their lives if they snitched..thats most of the reason why those communities never improve..the had guys rule.

As far as presenting your credentials, driving is a priveledge not a
    right. If your a truck driver..give it a try and let me know how that goes for ya. Back to.a.trucking topic...

11. Pedigreed Bulldog

May 7, 2011
    Like I said, you're required to provide certain documents if you're stopped. You don't HAVE to speak when you hand them over. You DO NOT have to answer ANY of the officer's questions. Everything he needs to know can be discovered through the documents you're required to hand over.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.