Rolloff/ waste disposal question

Discussion in 'Waste Removal and Garbage Truck Driver Forum' started by Dino soar, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    I have a few questions.

If I have a dump truck can I go to wherever the roloffs dump at and just dump out a dump truck load?

If this is the case can you dump wood at the place where the roloffs dump? I have some wood from an old deck from my sister's house and I also have some roofing materials rubber roof and plywood. I have a roof I'm going to put on to my garage so going to have even more plywood to take.

This particular dump truck is probably only 7 yards or so so would it be better just to hire a roll off?

And the last question is how do I find where the roloffs dump in my area?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Colt6920

Colt6920 Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2017
    Usually a landfill or transfer station.
    Also, depending on the area, C/D (construction and demolition) debris (what you have) may go to a different facility than regular trash.

In any case you should be able to dump at the same facilities, especially C/D waste, as many demolition contractors use dump trucks to haul demolition debris (typically loaded by the demolition excavator)

When in doubt, find a local place and call. Google is usually good for this. Search transfer station and then landfill. Disposal rates can vary if you have more than one in your area, too so you should check on that too.

Dino soar Thanks this.
  4. Happily Retired

Happily Retired Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Sure, rolloffs are just a different kind of dump truck. I think landfills take anything, as long as it's not hazardous. You can rent those "bags" and a truck picks them up too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted