Rosedale Transport

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by shaman, Aug 20, 2007.

1. shaman

shaman Bobtail Member

May 14, 2007
    Ga
    Has anyone had experience with Rosedale Transport? I can't find them on the list.:biggrin_25513:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. They were out of Dalton, Ga. They bought out North Georgia Shippers several years ago. I think they were bought out again by US Xpress??? Correction........try googling "The Rosedale Group", you will find some info on them.

4. shaman

shaman Bobtail Member

May 14, 2007
    Ga
    Actually I was wondering just how they were to work for but thank you for replying to the thread.

5. MorrisGray

MorrisGray Light Load Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Rock Spring, GA
    I would also like to hear from someone about Rosedale. They are one of my considerations for new hire, restart of my career. I just read in another post that USX is buying/merging and from reading about them, not a good thing. But I do not know for sure, just what I have read. :) Ringgold, GA / MorrisGray

6. WrightK

WrightK Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2008
    Dalton, Ga
    Rosedale transport Inc is based out of Dalton,Ga. they run aprox 200 power units, they are owned by Rosedale Group which is a Made up of Rosedale USA and Rosedale Canada. USX has no interest in them, back in 1995 Rosedale was an LTL carrier and they sold their network of terminals and LTL customers to them, they did not buy the company. Rosedale then became a full truck load carrier. Rosedale like any company has it issues and should be checked out by like any other company, it just depends on what you are looking for in a carrier. If you have any questions about them I can answer them for you. Let me know what you want to know about them.

DaltonInfo.

7. Aquarius

Aquarius Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Cleveland,TN
    I would like to know the avg weekly mileage a new driver with Rosedale could expect. Living in Cleveland,TN just 30 miles from Dalton, Ga what kind of hometime to expect.

8. dobberdude61

dobberdude61 Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2007
    london
    i worked for rosedale up in canda and they treated me really good
    they paid good and they pay you for what you did had good equipment
    i worked there almost 4 yrs the only reason i quit i got hired on at yellow freight which pays better and a retirement package which rosedale didn't have or i still be there working .

9. vols021

vols021 Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2008
    I knew a guy that drove for them up to last year. He liked them ok. He had a Volvo. Home every other weekend. He is with Averrit now because he got hire local for them in Chattanooga.

10. Georgia_Dog

Georgia_Dog Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    :biggrin_25512:
    I drove for them a year and half. 95% of the outgoing commodity was carpet and sometimes you will end up in Iowa and the directions are to park out in a field so they can come unload you with a Ford F350 with a chain tied to hitch of F350 pulling out 1000lbs+ carpet rolls off your trailer. Sounds ridiculous but I had done it twice. Dispatch very seldom had your backhaul before you were unloaded. Sat in Twin Cities for 4 hours just waiting for backhaul, then once there, sat another 3 hours waiting for dock, to be loaded and back on road again. Of course, things might be diff. now, just my experience in '03. Pay was decent(w/exp), approx $1000 b4 taxes. Was averaging 2800 miles/wk. Sometimes as low as 1800 miles/wk during winter. With the home building way down, I'm sure their commodity has switched. Ran New York(not city), Maryland and Connecticut often. Their 2 main drawbacks were mechanics slow and wait for backhauls.

11. universal10

universal10 Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2009
    winnipeg
    actually Rosedale Transport is owned by a Canadians. They just hired me and they pay the best out of any other company i have ever been with

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.