Route advice for jobsite delivery in Bronx, NY

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jacoooooooo, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Hello, I have a 53' long stepdeck loaded to 13'6" hight. Going to 2963 White Plains Rd. Any inputs how to get there the best way? I assume I should take I-87N, and than exit somewhere. Possibly exit 11 or 13. But how about bridges under Bronx River Parkway and that Railroad on White Plains Rd? Are they even passible? Thanks for any input guys. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigCam9670

BigCam9670 Medium Load Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Hudson, NY
    @Ruthless what do you think?

Just looking quick, and assuming you are coming from the south and dont mind paying the GW bridge toll, I would run up 87 to exit 11, Stay left onto Van Cortland Ave, East on Sedwick Ave and up Dickinson to Gun Hill Rd. You will go over the Bronx River Parkway so no worries there and then right onto White Plains Rd. Looks like White Plains Rd is marked at 12'6" but looks plenty high (looking at google street view anyway). I would make a call to jobsite contact and find out EXACTLY where you need to be and which way you need to be facing. You could also run across the crossbronx and get off exit 10 for gun hill rd and come in that way.

Jacoooooooo Thanks this.
  4. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    I'd go 95 to exit..4 I think it is, for white plains Rd. Follow it north. I know there's a couple bridges there, don't recall the actual height. The railroad running on top- usually you can just ride on the outer lane which isn't under it for the most part.

Look at that route on google maps. Don't run under stuff that's marked under 12'6 generally: that's where I start looking real close.

All the times I followed white plains rd top to bottom I was in a short height combo, so I never actually measured or considered what the height was..

Jacoooooooo Thanks this.
  5. styro

styro Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2016
    E 233rd exit off Rt 87, NYC Truck Route Map shows exit 13, follow E 233rd take right onto White Plains. All truck routes. Gun Hill, Webster, Jerome are also truck routes in the area. Bridge signs in NYC are always marked lower than they really are. 233rd is an overpass at Bronx River Parkway.

6. Pintlehook

Pintlehook Road Train Member

May 2, 2013
    @bzinger you familiar with this area?

7. styro

styro Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2016
    A little bit. I have a stop on Boston Rd near 223rd and another up the road in Mt Vernon off of Rt 22. I usually exit off Rt 95 @ exit 13 coming from north or exit 11 from the south. Oh, Boston Rd is Rt 1

8. styro

styro Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Thought you were asking me, sorry.

9. Pintlehook

Pintlehook Road Train Member

May 2, 2013
    No worries at all. I'm sure the OP appreciates any help he can get.

Jacoooooooo Thanks this.
  10. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Yes, thank you all. Still, any more info from people familiar with the area is appreciated. My delivery is on Tuesday, so I will be open for suggestions. I will cross to NY going North on I-95 (GWB).

11. styro

styro Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Just checked Google street view and there is a train bridge that runs in that section of White Plains Ave. and right at the address you gave. At the intersection of Boston Rd and White Plains a couple blocks south the low bridge sign reads 12' 3" as shown in photos. Lucky you! image.png image.png

Jacoooooooo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.