RTS Trucking/Champion Trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by meagancaron, Jun 11, 2018.

1. meagancaron

meagancaron Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2018
    I briefly worked here training as a dispatcher, and in the very short amount of time I was there nothing was right. They outsource all their payroll to India, so nothing is ever handled in a timely fashion. They Drivers are NEVER paid on time or correctly, and you will wait three weeks before your first check. They have no benefits, and even their office workers pay is messed up. This is a weekly situation, not just a one off. I was fired because I called into question their pay practices, and I wouldn't back down when they expected me to.
    The owners have hired all of their friends and family to work as recruiters and dispatchers. None of them know a thing about trucking. I was a driver and due to medical issues had to stop and decided to stay in the industry because I love it. One of the owners also own trucks for hire.
    Their dispatchers lie to brokers to get loads that they know their drivers will not show up on time for. All three dispatchers in the terminal in Madison, TN did this while I was there and they didn't care. One driver even called a broker and cussed them out and instead of solving the problem they just blamed the broker.
    This company only deals with Lease Purchase and Owner Operators. They pay 80% to owner operators and $0.90 per mile to lease purchase. The lease purchase drivers get messed over in a big way with this pay, as the company will make $2,000.00 while the driver only makes $800.00.
    I have never had a bad thing to say about ANY employer I have ever worked for until rts trucking. Stay away for your own benefit and your families, they are far from worth it and keep none of their promises.

TB John and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Sorry to hear yhere are so many screwed up companies in this area. Went through the same thing with a bunch of foreign guys.

Texas Rebel Thanks this.
  4. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    I would recommend to work for Americans, whose first langue is english. Southern accent or east coast accent is ok.

Texas Rebel Thanks this.
  5. staytrucking82

staytrucking82 Bobtail Member

May 21, 2017
    You're absolutely correct! I worked for them for about a month with my truck and had the same problem with getting paid. Finally, I decided I had enough! They owe me $219 for a load I took from Florida, back to GA from FEBRUARY and still haven't been paid. Now they're accusing me of stealing and destroying their trailer. Mind you, I dropped it off at (LES) in Chattanooga TN, which is where I got it from. Now they're coming with some bogus claim that I left it at a truck stop, but can't tell me which one LOL... I hope they go out of business

6. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Always take a pic to cover your butt.

sevenmph Thanks this.
  7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Depending on the size of one's derriere', that might be a massive picture.....

Broke Down 69, mjd4277 and sevenmph Thank this.
  8. Buffalo Soilger

Buffalo Soilger Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Yes. Experiencing the same problems with not, getting paid for work/load. Been reaching out to attorneys &, am contemplating filing a small claims action for wats due me along with the attorney fees etc etc etc.

9. Nunuca36

Nunuca36 Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2018
    V
    Your correct about this company as I am a product of there hideous ways! From the moment I got to the office I had a gut feeling an I shouldn’t of gave them the Benefit of any doubt.... now I will say my dispatcher love her but I left on a load from Memphis Tennessee to Cheyenne Wyoming ( no good) I basically donated my time, there fuel, to get this load to a Walmart distribution! These ppl do not give a dam I was stranded on i80 no fuel cause I used what they said was allowed mind you they lied bout any kind of toll pass my eld was making its own choice to keep me on “on duty” status ... I did get this load there delivered an on time even! got no sleep an expected to carry on... eld was not fixed out of pocket for emergency fuel cause I had to use my own debit card to get me safe, an then a new load empty 400+ miles New Mexico to N.Y.! Man I have never been so disappointed in my 3 years or driving! An they do not care!!!!!! At the present moment I’m broke, nothing I did was apparently appreciated being that I have not gotten a call a fix of this equipment nothing from anyone in the company, also was informed I needed to go to which ever scale inspection to ask for a level 3 DOT inspection to be done on the truck ! WTF ......... Absolutely a awful company!!!!

10. Iamcbf

Iamcbf Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2018
    As meagancaron said, i didnt get paid until the forth week of working for these ________ (fill in the blank with the most disrespectful word/name you can think of). Every week was a new excuse as to why i didnt get paid. The third week my dispatcher said payroll put my direct deposit information in wrong and it would be best if i got a new bank account to make things quicker! I only got one settlement in 8 weeks. I didnt get the rest until i went to the office with an attitude. To make a long story short, they owe me money for tolls and fuel i put into a truck they told me to return. I was left on stuck in California when my truck broke down. They got me a raggedy sub truck that had bedbugs in it!!

I think i replied to this bad company on another post on here. Forgive me if i did but i swear this is the worst company I've worked for!!!! They will get what's coming to them, please believe!

11. Iamcbf

Iamcbf Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Hello Buffalo, did you happen to proceed with your lawsuit?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.