Running 99% legal

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by truckerdave1970, Oct 12, 2009.

1. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    I think that is exactly what the company (arent they great?) wants me to do! Then they have a perfect reason to fire me and trash my DAC report violating HOS regs AND company policy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    Info does you no good but the Dixie used to be a small chain. Had one in Effingham and tuscola IL as well. There was also one by Erie PA as well.

4. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    wORD! :biggrin_25514:

5. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Each year that you drive a truck, is investing the time that a "normal" person works in two years.

People, this is a job, it isn't proof that you are a man, or that you have big eggs in your man-basket, it's a job. You fool yourself by not treating it as a job, and nothing more. The company men and women out there, does your company go out of it's way to make you feel more than a number, a freighthauler, a piece of subhuman meat that just needs to push it another week, another month, another hour down the road?

This is why we need to push back, they've taken so very much from us and will do so until something gives.

I'm pissed off that companies can not do the right thing. All I ask is to get paid what I am owed and be treated fairly.

Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  6. truckerdave1970

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    448 miles
    9.25 hrs (12)
    $152.32
    I am just rapidly losing interest in this garbage! I dropped my load in our Olive Branch yard, picked up 30,000 lbs of shrimp going to Newark, NJ for Monday morning. Supposedly, they are going to l get me a load home from there, I wont be holding my breath!

7. truckerdave1970

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    557 miles
    9.5 hrs (9.5)
    $189.38
    drove my miles, stopped at the Lee-Hi truck stop in Lexington,VA. They have really good food! All homemade, pot roast, baked macaroni and cheese (best I had since I lived at home), real mashed potatoes, lasanga, it was all good! and only $12.52 for the whole buffet! I heartily reccomend the food there.
    Anyway, I go to the farthest corner or the parking lot as I was planning to NOT idle and get some nice, quiet sleep as it was 50 degrees. No other trucks around me for about 50 yards, it was awesome! For about 1 hour, then some Richard Cranium parks next to me and decides he is going to idle all nite. For the record, it was an O/O, not a company driver. Now, I dont pay for my fuel and I look forward to the time of year when I can shut the #### truck off, I sleep better! You would think that a guy who pays for the fuel would shut it down, if for no other reason than to save money! The same guy will throw a fit when the law says he cant idle when it's too hot BUT wont shut it down when THERE IS NO REASON TO IDLE AT 50 DEGREES!

8. doubledragon5

doubledragon5 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX

And what do you suppose we do? With the economy in the tank, companies not moving much freight. Business going belly up, unemployment going up. Right now companies have drivers (workers) in general by the gonads, and they know it..

9. truckerdave1970

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    3128 miles
    63 hrs logged (87.5 hrs actually worked)
    $1063.52 earned b4 taxes and road expenses
    or if I had a REAL job that bad OT after 40 hrs
    $14.27/hr ($9.55/hr)
    Still crappy wages for a professional.
    Have I proved my point sufficently yet? You can not make decent money running legal, the more you cheat, the more you make!
    Shall I keep going? Is there any additional info that you would like me to report? or shall I retire this experiement?

10. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

You did well Dave, take the early retirement. You proved your point. Thank You !!!

11. Larz

Larz Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    Good luck getting home Dave...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.