Running straps over tarps

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Dave1837, Feb 9, 2020.

1. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Those suspenders will eat right through your shirt in high winds!!!:p

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Not if you put a half turn in em!

TokyoJoe, FerrissWheel and homeskillet Thank this.
  4. JDstrick

JDstrick Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2020

5. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    You've got to watch that clear shrink wrap that is wrapped tightly around the load. That stuff will come unwound on you, and you'll look in the mirror and see it dragging behind you a mile long. I'll always duct tape the ends of that wrap, seems to hold pretty good and keep it from coming unwound.

6. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Think i offended many people here with my statements and i still stand by them. I will humble myself one day when i run into the situation where a strap over tarp is mandatory but i have not yet seen that situation.

7. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    im talking about the blue heat shrink wrap not the clear stretch wrap from a roll. It comes in a big roll and gets taped together then shrunk with a torch. E4FA7A78-B93C-47BD-911D-3E18C0606BE3.jpeg
    Back in the day I used to hand wrap probably 100 pallets of stone a week with stretch wrap. The key to keeping it from unwrapping is to tie the ends off. Poke two little holes about two inches apart from each other and tie the tail to the piece in the middle.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  8. MericanMade

MericanMade Heavy Load Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    I’ll be joining Cypress Truck Lines in a few weeks. My understanding is that they have tarpers on the payrole at the wallboard shippers. They tell me most of their loads are pre-tarped. Most of the pictures I found online show straps over tarps. I’m sure they have their reasons for doing it that way. I won’t complain.

FerrissWheel and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  9. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Because they drop and hook. Trailers are loaded and tarped, you show up and secure the load and take off. It’s more productive for them to keep you moving. They’re the ones buying the tarps and I’m sure they’ve penciled it out that it’s better this way for their bottom line.

10. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana

Eat my flip-flops, 70 foot long fully tarped... In tennis shoes

sandals are for driving year round/any weather above 70 degrees where I can get away with it. 8 years on flatbad and I've yet to hurt myself because of what I chose to wear, things that shippers make me wear is what causes injuries

Quit being so judgmental, you're the reason younger drivers (and me at 36) don't run CBS, stop and help, and certainly don't want to talk to you

Attached Files:

11. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Well i dont see 1 strap over that tarp so u completely missed my point

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    Dave1837, FerrissWheel and kylefitzy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.