Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. drloveofdfw

drloveofdfw Light Load Member

It statistically placed. I'll give you the tour! Passenger side- seat organizer in the front, behind the seat is a tv tray table to put between both front seats for cooking only. Bottom cabinet, cleaning supplies and power cord, fridge is in its hole, my tv has a butt and is in its hole. Above that I have 3 containers that contain plates, foil, hot sauce, salt; everything to prepare and enjoy a meal on the road. Also I have my DVDs and my flight joystick in there. Bottom bunk - nothing but a nice comfy place to lie after a day on the road. Top Bunk - the mattress is push up on its side for my bag that has my clothes, shower bag, microwave and 2 containers that contain my small steamer, small George Foreman, hot plate, utensils, no pots or pans yet. Don't know what pot or pan I want yet. There will only be one of each due to space. Driver side Cabinets - Bottom contains my small 12-volt car vac, 12-volt water pot (truck stop item), portable lunch box (another truck stop item), The box that contains Paper logs, accident kit/pee test kit. Above the pull out desk is my small compact laser printer, above that is wardrobe cabinet. It's divide into sections, bottom left is the pantry with the right personal hygiene. my laptop splits the zones. My laptop travels in its box and only comes out when i need it. Above that is a box of trip envelopes that Inherited with the truck and the liner for my coat and my Hard hat from TXI. Coat hangs behind drivers seat. Left luggage bin - 301 tool set, flash light, 3 hammers, push broom head, wash bucket. Center - nothing. Right side - I don't think I have anything there! Small tools I use often are up above the center upper console. Above that is my permit book. my Clip board with my printer paper rides in the passenger seat. My 100oz super mug rides in the floor for easy access while driving!

As I said statistically placed.

I talked to him while they were trying to get the truck started. Someone left something on and I was deader than a grave yard. He said that the Freightliners were kicking the hell out KW/Petes butt in fuel economy and they want to test one out to see if the Paccar mx-13 engine would out-perform the DD15. Only time will tell I guess.

Alanp613, jbizzle and popcorn169 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Can you post pics of your set up drloveofdfw????? Pics mean a thousand words.

KH

4. drloveofdfw

sure, as soon as freightliner stops holding my truck hostage!

5. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion

What you tube video did you watch? I tried but can't find one.

6. drloveofdfw

I think it's on the old thread. I forgot who posted it. I saw bits and pieces of it before I switched to something more entertaining.

7. Trafficcontrolxl

Trafficcontrolxl Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Omaha, NE
    we do have regular freight moving from the northwest and southwest headed from Akron Oh into and all the way across PA on a regular basis. Allentown, Carlisle, Harrisonburg, eighty four just to name a few.

jbizzle Thanks this.
  8. luvtotruck

luvtotruck Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Phoenix Arizona
  9. BRShirk

BRShirk Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2013
    From what I've heard PA roads not good. Penndot does suck an awesome job!

I got stuck in Boston waiting for a load for a few hours. Finally got one just in time for an almost white out on the Mass Pike. What a wasted day >200mi with one stop and the "only thing" he could find doesnt load until the AM.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  10. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Yeah. Brings back memories of high school. Stopped in Carlisle at the Petro. Got out to check reefer and the lot is a sheet of ice. The turnpike was surprisingly rather dry.

This Petro is a disaster area. Folks just parked whereverthehell they wanted to. Trucks parked in, many having just dove in head first into anything that appears their truck would reasonably fit in. What a mess.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.