Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    I might see you there. I am truck L2564B. I know that fuel prices need to come back up or we need a better discount. .40cpm surcharge is tough being out west.

Aminal Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Camaro355

Camaro355 Medium Load Member

Jan 13, 2014
    O'Fallon, MO
    Well hopefully I don't cause that means load ain't ready though it would be nice to meet another driver from here.
    In L2944A myself

MachoCyclone Thanks this.
  4. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    I never understood the concept of paying a fee to get your pay. Trip Pak is free...use it. If you scan only 1 trip every 2 weeks, you're spending $156 of YOUR earnings that you will never get back. (Please don't use the "It's deductible" or "It's a write off" line. You will recoop maybe $2-$5 for every $100 spent.)

Again, that is an individual decision, albeit one will never agree with. I've said it countless times in here, and I'll say it again.....This is a business of pennies. Pennies add up to dollars. Save them, throw them away.....its up to you.

5. Steel Tiger

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    I'm here Animal. Went back to work on 10/2. Ended up taking 5 weeks off. The beauty of it......never missed a paycheck. Money went into all my accounts like clockwork.

Aminal Thanks this.
  6. Steel Tiger

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    As you can see, I'm back!!! :biggrin_255: Had a wonderful vacation, but its time to start making some more money so I can take another month off after the New Year.

For some reason, I stopped getting email notifications on my phone from the forum.....one of the reasons I haven't posted earlier. Rechecked my settings so we'll see what happens.

Was able to swing by the yard and pick up my 5 year JCT ring and my goody bag from the Trucker's Appreciation Week from last month. Once again, I am a little disappointed with the items. Oh well.

7. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2014
    I don't disagree, but why aren't you crawling all over that other driver for suggesting people pay $12 to scan their trips in if they get in a pinch? That's twice as bad as self-scanning, and he is now trying to pass off his terrible advice like he never said it in the first place.

If people have their reasons to need a trip scanned in, I will always advocate using in-cab scanning over the rip off truck stop scanners.

8. MachoCyclone

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    Got here to Sygma in Denver an hour early. Pissed off about five other drivers when I got a door right away with no lumper fee and the others have to wait for a door and pay for a lumper.

9. MachoCyclone

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    Dropped trailer at JBS here in Greeley, Co. Not surprising it is not ready. Pickup window til 3pm tomorrow. Think I might order me some take out.

10. Wifeofdz

Wifeofdz Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2014

So on Hubby the trip he was to do from Wi to Florida got swapped out not sure what that means? but he got all the way down to North Carolina and had a swap/ then from North Carolina got a pre-plan to head up to indy. now hes down with indy and heading out to head to Larado Tx.

11. MachoCyclone

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    He traded trailers with another driver. Probably someone trying to get home or they either had to much time or not enough time left.

Found me a place to get some food. Sitting here at the Tilted Kilt.

Aminal Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.