Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. BRShirk

BRShirk Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2013
    I hear that. I made it to Pilot in Sturbridge, got stuck trying to back in with a heavy load of air. After getting in a spot spent the next couple hours helping other guys get parked. It was good to see a mess of guys helping other drivers.

I was amazed to see how many drivers wanted to make lock to lock turns to get a spot. Doesn't work that way in slop. Slow and easy with no large movements.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BRShirk

BRShirk Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2013
    But does bring up something I've wondered. Weather and mechanical breakdowns reasons for running late are understandable.

What happens when you get stuck at a customer, maybe a certain chicken place, for hours upon hours making it impossible to make your next appointment? Will they reschedule or hand it off?

jbizzle Thanks this.
  4. Trafficcontrolxl

Trafficcontrolxl Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Omaha, NE
    First priority is on time delivery. So a hand off would be expected. However, during weather like we have experienced the past week, rescheduling becomes more common.

jbizzle and Alanp613 Thank this.
  5. Northern Lights

Northern Lights Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2014
    I had a great rest break in Arizona. Kept the windows rolled halfway down and slept with the curtain open because I was facing east so I knew the setting sun wouldn't wake me up.

I didn't waste much time rolling those windows up after I woke up, though. The sun had gone down and the temperature had dropped all the way down to 58!

Hopefully winter will mosey along before I make my way up northeast.

6. Soule_Man

Soule_Man Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Fayetteville, NC
    58, ouch that is so cold. LOL

I am delivering in Hickory NC then headed home to surprise the wifey. It is a nice 29 degrees here with icy roads and 10 inches of snow on the ground. Roads are good enough though for an on time delivery and I am ready to get home for a few days and am debating coming back Monday or Tuesday. LOL

I am glad y'all decided to keep the thread going and will contribute as I did in the other. Have a great weekend y'all.

Northern Lights Thanks this.
  7. drloveofdfw

drloveofdfw Light Load Member

I'm the total opposite, I'm trying to get away from the house. Kids are driving me ape $#!^. Called FLT and they are still holding my truck hostage. Hopefully it will be ready tomorrow. I think I know why I love the open road so much. PEACE AND QUIET!!!!!!! With the dash of 4-wheeler excitement.

88 Alpha and popcorn169 Thank this.
  8. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    I know how you feel. I get home thru the week and on weekends but I am used to being by myself and it is quiet while out on the road. When I get home it is kids screaming at each other and the wife going on about this and that and I am like yeah. I do love my wife and kids very much but when you are used to the quietness being by yourself it is challenging at times. But I would not change it for the world.

drloveofdfw Thanks this.
  9. drloveofdfw

drloveofdfw Light Load Member

I hear ya, I love my 3 kids and wife to the end of eternity. Been married 14 years and never a dull moment. I get swarmed by the kids when I get home and I feels real good. Anyway, I better love the wife since she is my bookkeeper. Good and bad things about her being a Certified Bookkeeper. One thing I love is that my expenses are on track with extreme diligence; hate getting an FBI integration on why I bought something and the reason behind it!! I sometime find that after 2 to 4 days at home, my patience's packs a back and hops a flight to a warm exotic place. Still wondering how it got a passport. I don't even have a passport!

popcorn169 Thanks this.
  10. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Case in point: I was rescheduled for 2/16 @ 3am. No biggie. Only 75 miles away. May run up to TA and have mom come over to have dinner with me.

jbizzle and Alanp613 Thank this.
  11. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I hate you.

Northern Lights Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.