Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Camaro355

Camaro355 Medium Load Member

Jan 13, 2014
    O'Fallon, MO
    Good we need a few more squids to knock around on Jarhead.

Least I wasn't one of those it's not me so it's not my problem that night at Florida Natural there Jarhead. Either that or you would probably be still fighting with that trailer. LMMFAO

OK I'm off to Purdue Chicken to pick up my load. Be safe out there everyone

dhkwanderer and Jarhed1964 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
    Well this is fun. I stopped at the loves in Willis texas on my way to houston and take a shower. I come back out to my truck and my third axel driver side is flat. Well at least they have a tire place here LOl

4. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    That's ok. It's over 100 here in Barstow with no breeze.. I had to disconnect the trailer and pull forward because the ambient temp and the heat coming from the reefer was causing my APU to overheat and shutdown. Gonna have that looked next I am by the yard because that is annoying and never had to do that with a tri pak.

crxdc Thanks this.
  5. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
    Wow yeah never had that on my tripack. I did however have to add a fan to the front blowing back to sleeper to circulate the air flow after talking to a tk rep.

6. nochin

nochin Medium Load Member

May 4, 2014
    Danville, Va
    Hey guys finally from start to finish (4 days when I'm on my 10) finished reading the thread. I have been looking at coming to jct since December 2014 even met one of you in FL last year at wildwood on the 14th or 15th of Dec ( had to look in my old load book for when I was there). Finally made th e decision to come over. I start orientation on the 29th. A little about me, I come from a reefer trucking family however all my personal experience is in flatbed. I did just shy of 7 years in the navy. 1 year as a machinist mate aux on a sub, 5 years as an engineman at a sea bee battalion and the last 3/4 in gitmo on shore duty working at base 911 office. (God I hate desk jobs lol.) I started driving last year at melton. I got a rookie dm who had his head up his you know where (didn't know what state Virginia Beach was in and he was a college grad smh). After I sat last Feb for 4 days with no load or compensation due to some funny wording at Melton that now let's them say they pay detention but don't have to unless certain peramiters are met I left Melton for tmc. I had hoped tmc would be better but found out they were worse in certain ways that made me wish I had never ever in a million years left melton. After a series of week long breakdowns every other week and getting denied a new truck I turned in my two week notice this past monday. (They then offered me a new truck... oh so now that I'm leaving you care that I was at bottom pay scale and never got home due to pos truck... yeah no should have cared when I warned you a month ago to put me in a reliable truck or I'll go somewhere that will. (I know truck selection is luck of the draw at jct but I have to 90 day new or newer truck mark to work twards) I am divorced/engaged with 2 kids one with my ex and one with my fiencee (tech ain't mine but I'm all she has known as a father since she was 6 mo old). Anyway any advise other than what all I have read the last few days is much appreciated. Also steel any new news about the flow below system like how to get permission to get it on the truck so on and so forth.

Jarhed1964 and crxdc Thank this.
  7. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    HA!!!

I'll never live that down I guess. Yeah, glad you showed me that little trick, I did it a few times after that too!

:p

8. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
  9. nochin

May 4, 2014
    Danville, Va
    Deleted

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  10. nochin

May 4, 2014
    Danville, Va
    So parked for the night at the pilot off exit 3 in Louisiana and another truck going way to fast pulling into a spot next to me hits my truck with his trailer. Of all weeks I get hit on my last week with this company b4 coming over to jct. Minor damage but with me turning in my truck on friday I can't afford to not report it and get dinged on my final check. He said he had another accident earlier today by hitting a concrete barrier in a construction zone and bent up the side of his trailer and he would probably be fired after this. All I could say was maby you should think about slowing the #### down in tight quarters. Smh

Jarhed1964 and crxdc Thank this.
  11. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
    Damg speed demons everywhere. I had one almost hit mine this morning. I stopped him dropped my trailer and pulled out and gave him lots of room.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.