Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    Glad to see that you enjoyed riding with your husband and that you made it home safely thru the storms. My wife would not be able to ride with me as we have 2 girls that are 7 & 10 who are into all the sports, beauty pageants, and all the other girl things that she has to stay home and deal with (glad it's her not me).

Sorry to hear about your truck not getting out til Tuesday. I hate when they say one thing and it is another. Why can't they just be honest with you?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drloveofdfw

drloveofdfw Light Load Member

Here ya on that! I been told to take a look at this truck I'm about to hop in tomorrow. It's a 2700 series with 103k on it. Sucks because I just got my truck set up the way I liked it. Hope this truck has a APU and a fridge in it.

Dallas Freightliner :violent3:

4. avenger79

avenger79 Medium Load Member

Sep 13, 2010
    WIS
    thanks.

thank you. I just wouldn't want to be stuck up east coast and back down.
    I talked to a JCT driver while I was staying down in FL. He seemed pretty happy to be working for them.

5. Soule_Man

Soule_Man Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Fayetteville, NC
    I live on the east coast, NC and every time I head out I run to the west coast. I hardly ever run on the east coast. I run a lot out to the west and when I am coming home I get the loads to the east.

jbizzle Thanks this.
  6. luvtotruck

luvtotruck Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Phoenix Arizona
    flyboynme,
    I think my wife would be as bad or worse, she freaks when I get close to a curb that she doesn't think I know is there, She would have a crapshone if she got up to Wyoming and it was 14 below. I'm sure she has no desire to ride with me for any extended amount of time. Plus we have 4 little kiddos between 10-3 so she is busy. glad you are home. Take Care Tell Tim to get in here.

88 Alpha and jbizzle Thank this.
  7. drloveofdfw

4 kiddos, Your a better man then me! I've got 3 and still trying to figure out how to afford the first one. 2 boys 9 and 4, plus an 18 month old daughter that's eating out of house and home. She eats more than the boys combine. I tell my wife that there will be no tea time in this house, only tool time! Yes my daughter will know how to turn a wrench!

8. drloveofdfw

For those that asked for photos of my setup. I couldn't get them to load here, so I have them on my newly established tumblr site. The link is below.

http://drloveofdfw.tumblr.com/

There are a couple of things out of place or missing, like a missing laptop, missing travel bag, missing shower bag, missing 3rd container with bread in it, vac not in its box, paper towels in the wrong area, but other than that, all in place like I said. Wife calls me a clean freak! Just can't stand a dirty truck interior. Got to have standards somewhere! Floor gets swept and vacuumed religiously, plus I have a bath rug on the floor in the back that you can barely see in one pic. Might have to get a different microwave, I don't think my inverter likes that 900 watt that's in the truck currently.

popcorn169 Thanks this.
  9. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    We got juice loads coming out of florida, from several different tropical a and Florida natural plants. We also have flowers that come out of Miami sometimes. As far as loads going into florida, all types of loads going all over. Many loads to Winterhaven area.

At jct you will hardly sit. They will try their best to keep you moving as long as you communicate with your dm (driver manager)

popcorn169 Thanks this.
  10. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    You have it set up nicely. Now that you are going to be riding with another driver to get a loaner truck. Are you going to keep the other truck or just get back in your truck?

11. BRShirk

BRShirk Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Doesn't look like the Cascadia has the bunk net attachments on the back wall. Reason is because I use them for my rubber band gym.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.