Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. KeithT1967

KeithT1967 Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
    Peeking in to see how everyone is doing. Hope everyone is well.

I'm at CRST Malone now. Left JCT Jan 28th and literally took a month off the road. During that month I was diagnosed as diabetic. Blew me away since there is zero family history of diabetes. Luckily im almost borderline and have no problems controlling it without any meds. Flipping these tarps and chains helps with that and has me down to 225lbs from the 260 when I left Jct.

Wish you all the best and may all you tyson loads be ready on time! ;)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TAfool

TAfool Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2012
    That's funny, was going to send you a pm to see how things went since you just dropped and ran. Then BAMM! Here you are.

Good luck there. Flats too much like real work for me.

TA

4. KeithT1967

KeithT1967 Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
    I LOVE skateboarding! Seriously I feel like I'm screwing off most of the time. Still learning the ropes over here but I've still had settlements over $2500.

It does have its brutal moments though. Lol

5. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    JCT now gives you a voucher for a free truck wash at Streakin Beacon on your birthday. You will get a QC message staying such and then next time you stop at the yard, you see Brain Ford for the voucher. Got mine today and has no expiration date.

I asked Brain about the fuel route and I was correct in my reasoning for them starting the fuel route. It's because they are getting drivers that struggle with fuel planning.

6. Saturday

Saturday Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Associated Wholesale Grocers in Southaven, MS are the absolute kings of wasting your time. Here is thought Walmart was bad. Walmart seems like a drop and hook compared to AWG. Sweet Jesus, how an operation like this continues to remain in business is beyond me.

You better show up a few hours early, find somewhere to illegally park on the block and then walk up to the gate to sign in. They don't let you in before your appointment. They don't take deliveries from outside carriers till at or after 3 am in the morning, so if that is your appointment time you'll be stuck in the mass truck migration that lines up at that time. If you want your detention you better sign in early.

I hope you have nothing else to do because once you bump that dock you are there forever. I came there with just 5 pallets and was there so long I had to convert my cdl to a mississippi address.

dhkwanderer and Kamkor Thank this.
  7. TAfool

TAfool Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2012
    I'm sorry, but if they can't figure out fueling they have no business leasing.

TA

8. MachoCyclone

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    I agree with you are. I talked to him for about 15mins. Mainly about how I felt about my time here. Asked me how I felt about getting another DM; told him that ain't happening. Asked about my plans for the truck. If I was going to pay it off, traded her in, or if I wanted to upgrade. I said why. What's the point? I have no issues with my truck. And that if I traded her in would because she has one foot in the grave. Even went over how I run. Miles, settlements, maint. escrow, etc. And how I like being here. Overall a good talk. Was kinda of nice to get JCT's feedback. Overall, their happy with me and I'm happy with them.

Steel Tiger Thanks this.
  9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Those guys that don't know how to do their fueling strategically correct will be the ones that fail and then you'll see them come on here complaining that lease purchase is a bad deal... and while some lease deals are very very bad most folks who get into these things have no business being in any one of them. Because they couldn't manage their own bank accounts what makes people think they're going to manage a business...

10. MachoCyclone

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    20160519_151025.jpg 20160519_151057.jpg Met Danny Christner for the first time today. He was out with the two custom motorcycles. Those are some very nice motorcycles. The winner gets to pic which one they want.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
    drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  11. dhkwanderer

dhkwanderer Gone, but never forgotten.

Jun 7, 2015
    Rogers, AR
    Well, I'll go ahead and pick the silver one now :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.