RV company plans new factory in northern Indiana

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by RickG, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Blind Driver

Blind Driver Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2006
    New Albany, IN
    My new driving job is bringing the suck to my paycheck. This is something I'm considering again. I have a older truck, '92 F350, in excellent condition running wmo. I think I might make a run at this :biggrin_25519:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cobradeeah

cobradeeah Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN
    I am looking into hauling rvs. What truck would you reccomend, does anyone know anything about Autri?

4. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    If you can find one , I'd suggest a good used haul and tow. It's a low profile flatbed . Haul one trailer on the bed and pull another . I've seen several in Canada with hydraulic 5th wheels that allow them to tow 5th wheels.
    The flatbed gives more opportunity for backhauls or at the very least load another hauler's pickup on the back and share deadhead fuel costs.

cobradeeah Thanks this.
  5. cobradeeah

Jul 13, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN
    ok thanks, has anyone worked for Jet recently, if so how did you like it? Tumbleweed how are you liking TN?

6. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

Jet is no longer going to be in business. They sold the business to Starfleet transport.

RickG Thanks this.
  7. Bigfoot_Trucking

Bigfoot_Trucking Light Load Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Harrison,Arkansas
    I spoke with their recruiter today. Said she was told to slow down on the hiring. Fixing to go into their slow time and they planned to get rid of a few drivers that weren't pulling their weight.

I'm planning to start hauling next month. I agree with Rick on the haul and tow. If I like doing this as much as I think I will. I plan to use in the future.

Scott

8. LGarrison

LGarrison Road Train Member

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho
    It's Star Fleet Trucking Inc and Jet is not taking anymore apps. Star Fleet is. If you want a referral tell them I sent ya and let me know. PM me for my Star Fleet Id number.

cobradeeah Thanks this.
  9. cobradeeah

Jul 13, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN
    Star fleet looks like a good company, unfortunately I don't turn 25 until November. Any other suggestions on companies until I turn 25?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.