RV Transport questions...

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Rick_C, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellijay

Ellijay Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2014
    I went back to flatbed. Lol

Thanks for all the replays

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jatman45

jatman45 Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2014
    cadiz, ky
    Seriously looking at getting into the hotshot/rv hauling, im 45, have class a's with dbl's trips and tanker, experience with triaxle dump, twinscrew with pup dumps, straight axle, combo with 35 ft flatbed (worked at lowes for awhile delivering) what a joke....delivered beer for awhile (it was sort of fun, except for some of the customers being a little difficult (normal anytime you deal with public).

I have the ablility to get into a new 1 ton for about 25k (still got decent equity in the truck i own). Was wondering if theres any companies worth working for that would touch me since i dont have actual otr experience. Love driving , just dont desire to do it for a big rig company where im basically forced dispatch.

any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

4. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
  5. Rpmay

Rpmay Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Will these transports companies hire someone who really has no experience in the drivers seat? I have the truck but only experience with personal camper and utility trailer.

6. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    Some will. They have procedures in place to train on the logs and driving rules.

You might try Classic, Formost

7. JChors

JChors Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Newport, OR
    This got me doing some late nite thinking. In nearly 2 million miles of driving i've never seen a new travel trailer being pulled by a new motorhome. Is this being done already? I haven't seen it. This could be done by contracting with a manufacturer that builds both coaches and trailers. It would be an efficient way to deliver two new RVs without the huge expense of owning and operating a tow vehicle. Example: You could easily haul a trailer behind a diesel pusher since most are equipped with heavy duty tow packages.

I

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  8. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    Dealers picking up their unit will do that with a class c motor home and a small trailer.

They have to watch the total length and take responsibility for the damage caused to the receiver and transmission.

9. georgemax29

georgemax29 Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2014
    I was interested until I did the math and numbers don't lie. Maybe someone can post an itemized cost vs. profit because I can't see making .65 cents a mile at anything than breaking even at best. My Uncle hauled RV'S in the 80's and 90's but he was retired and wealthy and told me he did it to have something to do.

10. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    Why would someone drive a truck and work for the small amounts they pay the drivers and sit all of the time they do?

11. georgemax29

georgemax29 Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2014
    That's why there is so much turnover I guess. In the trucking industry teams are almost always moving but other than with a spouse most people done want to team.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.