SAAPS Wreckers Service

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Dillybo, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Dillybo

Dillybo Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2020
    Company name is SAAPS wrecker service in Port Wentworth GA (Savannah).
    USDOT 130571
    Without dragging a dead horse Im getting right to the point. Company distributes paper checks on friday
    eve and dont do DD. The work is there but the owner dont like keeping the trucks compliant. They wont
    fix stuff like A/C and lights. They expect you to drive the equipment endlessly with obvious violations.
    Speedometers dont work or work accurately and are not in time with the ELD. And unplugging the ELD
    is also mentioned often. If you put a notice in they tell you to leave the property immediately or
    will call the police. They tell you not to come back for your last check or you will be arrested. And your
    final check to them is a "free for all". They skim your check for damage charges but offer no receipts
    or explanations for such charges. Short you for days you worked and hold said check for up to 21 days
    before snail mailing it. Its a real shame they treat drivers who are experts in recovery like convicted
    felons. If you have an interest in a tow company, stay far away from them. They will dog you and
    verbally abuse you. Any "pink tickets" you turn in for payment will be shredded as well.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Why does a tow truck need an eld? For the most part wouldn’t be staying under 150 air miles??

Dale thompson and Roberts450 Thank this.
  4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Since when is A/C required to be compliant?

5. omaharj

omaharj Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Omaha
    I haven't been questioned when I put a tractor out of service because the defroster/ defogger doesn't work without AC

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Yes they will, for many years cars and trucks were not equipped with ac and the defrosters worked fine.

7. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    They don’t have as much GLASS AREA that a semi truck does. Also vehicles are more aerodynamic nowadays with an emphasis on fuel economy. Said aerodynamics makes window defrosting a little more difficult. Plus nowadays defrosters are tied in with A/C systems to keep costs down to a minimum.

8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Defroster worked fine on one of my previous pickups. A/C never worked the entire time I owned it. Even owned an early 2000s car that never even had A/C. Defroster worked fine.

Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  9. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Pickup trucks aren’t scrutinized by DOT-unless they’re commercially plated & registered (hotshots,etc.)

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  10. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    You are certainly no mechanic, for years car and trucks ( ever see a GMC Astro) had no a/c and even today a defroster will work without the a/c compressor, not as efficiently as with it but it will still work.

Roberts450 Thanks this.
  11. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    I never said I was a mechanic..;) And yes,I’ve seen GMC Astro cabovers,which have the aerodynamics of a brick. As I said before-NOWADAYS vehicles are made differently,with fuel economy in mind some systems tied in together for cost effective considerations.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.