Safest Way to Get Paid by Brokers?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by PE_Trans, Feb 27, 2020.

1. PE_Trans

PE_Trans Road Train Member

So I’ve noticed four common ways of getting paid: load factoring, broker quick pay, check, and ACH. After the TQL data breach, I’m beginning to think I should stay away from any sort of ACH payment. What do you think? I mean, if TQL got hacked, a bunch of other brokerage companies are or have already gotten hacked.

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  2. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Im leased onto the van line, so I dont have my own authority.
    If I did I would factor, if I had/needed/wanted to.
    But stay far away from broker quite pay. (It tells them you NEED the money. So they dont have to negotiate)

Ach only if I had two business accounts. Once the deposit arrived, I'd have the bank automatically transfer all but maybe 10% to my other account.

Take that with a grain of salt. I am paranoid type person. I read ALL the permissions and agreement before I down load anything! That isually resulting in NOT downloading it.
    Hell I dont even have fave book messenger. (Why do they need access to my contacts, pictures, etc..)

PE_Trans Thanks this.
  3. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    For how often we hear of data leaks and breaches anybody set up for direct deposits is asking to get it up the ###, just my opinion though.

Tall Mike and PE_Trans Thank this.
  4. mud23609

mud23609 Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Like it or lump it. Your info is already somewhere out on the web. And somewhere there is a 12 year old sitting in their parents basement with the skills to find it if they want. It’s just part of the world we live in today.

blacklabel and PE_Trans Thank this.
  5. PE_Trans

PE_Trans Road Train Member

Have you ever used personal checks? Your account and routing number is printed on the check. I’m thinking for the moment I’ll continue using my bank account as usual and also checking my email for bank alerts that I have set up when a transaction goes through. Bank fraud is covered by my bank, but must be reported within 60 days. Banks also monitor the transactions of their customers for fraud.

6. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Murdo SD
    If you’re already set up for ACH pay then stopping it now may be too little too late because your info is out there somewhere. Short of changing your account number and then getting set up to be paid by check I’d say just keep doing what you’re doing and keep an eye on your accounts.

Deere hunter, PE_Trans and Tall Mike Thank this.
  7. Opendeckin

Opendeckin Light Load Member

May 20, 2018
    I have a separate bank account that I use to receive all funds. Once they hit my payment account they are transferred to my Operating account. Anyone tries to withdraw from the payment account and they might get $5 if they're lucky.

8. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2019
    All these fuel places want you to use the App on your phone, I had my passwords changed at a Pilot for the Wi fi. Phones are not very secure.

PE_Trans Thanks this.
  9. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I do the same thing. If you shop around you can actually make a little money opening checking accounts. I received a offer from a small bank to open a checking account and receive a $200 credit. You just need to read the terms of the deal.

PE_Trans and BlueThunderr Thank this.
  10. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    No factor, check.

nothing like old school. But, I’m someone who doesn’t have a book face.

adayrider and PE_Trans Thank this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted