Safety first really means safety last at Westport/Universal

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by DerbyCityDriver, Apr 12, 2019.

1. DerbyCityDriver

DerbyCityDriver Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2019
    Worked for Westport/Universal in Louisville,Ky. When I started it was a decent company then a few months later after a management change, it started going down hill quick. Ops manager and plant manager has NO experience in dealing with trucks, drivers, or maintaining trucks in proper working order. Had 4 drivers that had not done a annual recertification in over 4 yrs, took myself and another new driver bringing it to their attention before they finally took care of the issue. Then when the truck is wrote up with issues, they don’t want to fix it until it’s to late . And when they do fix it they only want to fix enough to get it running again, no matter how many light or other issues it has. Plant manager put her husband in the truck to drive it for a night, with him not having a CDL license, never been in a truck before. Stay away from them unless you want to be screwed over, lied to and lied on, and have them cheat you on your check

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. exACT driver

exACT driver Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2014
    I will definitely stay away from there!

DerbyCityDriver Thanks this.
  4. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    It’s ironic that they would say “Safety First” then.

DerbyCityDriver and 4mer trucker Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You wont believe some companies trumpet the Safety First slogan in everything they do.

I remember one time a speech was given about HOW SAFE they have ever been. IF anyone bothered to have eyes and look towards the end of the field they would have seen three inches of fuel inside the sunken containment pad under the fuel pump.

Im not too impressed with that particular batch of dignitaries from the State present either. All that Glittering qualifications and lifetime of labor represented in safety, hazmat etc and no one said the emporor's fuel leak was present.

I made it my job one to gtfo of that outfit asap.

DerbyCityDriver Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.