Safety groups call for 60 mph speed limiters on trucks

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by kemosabi49, Jul 16, 2022.

1. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    And that's going to eliminate the Super Truckers that drive 90 and tailgate in the hammer lane? Nope.

FLHT and Another Canadian driver Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    No it won't. Those super truckers will take themselves out when they get in a wreck and kill themselves or end up in prison. But these big companies like swift prime Schneider etc that hire anything with a pulse is a serious problem.

4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Trucks are gonna drive themselves……no need for steering wheel holders…..

5. Wasted Thyme

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    We all had to pass that SAME test. We all were that new guy that as you say, "just has a pulse." I'll take a new guy with a pulse over a Super Trucker. Because the new guy can learn to be a great trucker. The Super Trucker will always be a death sentence. Because he knows it all or rather thinks he does. THEY are the reason we need crap like these things and the 70. Not the new driver who can get better with experience.

6. diesel guy454

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    Just because you can pass a test doesn't make someone a professional driver. The big companies show you enough to get a cdl and turn you loose on the road. It needs to be a whole lot harder to get a cdl. A lot of truck drivers today are the worst drivers on the road.

7. Wasted Thyme

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Curious. Did you start at a MEGA? I'm suspecting not. Or maybe you started at a bad company. I can tell you that the company I started with. Didn't just teach me enough to get my CDL. They took the time to make sure I had a good foundation to grow from. But sure, with the sheer number of new drivers. You're gonnna have ones that never learn. Just like you do with regular drivers on the road. They end up getting fired from the MEGAs. Because they value the equipment. So your generalization is utter and complete BS. Every company is different. Unless you've worked at every MEGA and seen how they train a driver. Stop spitting out nonsense.

8. diesel guy454

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    No Ive never worked for a mega. I'm smarter than that. Go to a truck stop and see how many of these guys can't even back into a parking space. Or can't pull out of a dock without hitting the truck next to them. I guess if you don't like what I post don't read it.

9. diesel guy454

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    I see the facts everyday watching these mega carriers drivers screw up everything they do.

10. Wasted Thyme

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

11. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    E-coast is *not* neutral, nor does it kick the transmission into neutral. It merely disengages the clutch and allows the engine to idle. That is the loophole used for the computer to be allowed to coast.

You can do that in your truck, too... but you better engage the clutch before your speed gets too high for the rpms required. The computer won't allow it to go beyond the rpm capabilities.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.