Safety means nothing to CRE

Discussion in 'CR England' started by CRE Truth, Jul 8, 2011.

1. corneileous

corneileous Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Podunk, OK
    So, all the times you stop at an open scalehouse, your prepass transponder never gives you the red or green light? If not, there's probly something wrong with it or something with the account caused it to get turned off. It's happened to us several times. Just have to give permits a call.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California

My transponder works but I always get a red light if the weigh station is open. I get a green sometimes when its closed. I usually got a green back before CRE failed their road check. But I got inspected a lot more. Now its been over 2 months since my last level 1 or walk around.

4. THBatMan8

THBatMan8 Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    Yeah, I always had to stop at the ports in Wyoming and Utah, and got clean inspections from both.

5. corneileous

Nov 19, 2009
    Podunk, OK
    That's what I thought.... Your prepass transponder does indeed work. It sounded to me like you were saying it wasn't working at all.

6. corneileous

Nov 19, 2009
    Podunk, OK
    Wyoming's the only one that constantly wants to see my frickin' IFTA card and truck registration.

They enter all that crap in their computer system every time you show it to'em so you'd think whenever their system picks up the information on my transponder when I pass by that they'd see that they've already seen my stuff 20 times before in the last couple months and leave me alone but they still gotta justify their time somehow while sittin' there, I spose..... It's one of the reasons I'm starting to dislike Wyoming as much as I despise Commiefornia.......

7. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    I'm still in contact with my Phase I trainer and couple of other people that drive with CRE. They all said that thier EZ pass red lights them into open scales.

Wyoming is riding CRE along with eveyone else. I get pulled into Wyoming twice a year. October, to check my registration, that expires in September. Then in January to check for the current IFTA certificate.

8. THBatMan8

THBatMan8 Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    Wyoming flags everyone though, not just CRE. No one gets a bypass from that coop. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. :biggrin_25521:

9. corneileous

Nov 19, 2009
    Podunk, OK
    That sounds more like it instead of having our prepass transponders yanked from our trucks.

Maybe so but because of all the rollovers, we never really had to stop at all the ports in Wyoming along 80 till now.... The one in Kemmerer, or whenever the heck it is north of 80 on 30 has always been like that. They don't even have prepass at that port.

10. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

One thing I sure wish folks realized, or if they realize it, would keep it in mind when writing on these forums, is that there are folks looking to start with a national "training" company. We need good, solid information, not so much personal dislikes and whining. Having solid information, the good, the bad, and the ugly, will help all of us make better choices.

This post I quoted is a good post with good information. In a company as large as CRE, there have to be happy, smiley people as well as unhappy folks. It's nice to hear from one of the latter. Thanks!

Let the fun continue, please.

11. CRE Truth

CRE Truth Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Savannah, Ga
    Ten years ago the company was completely different. Business model was built on being a good company not avoiding CSA2010 regulations and screwing several thousand drivers. Ten years ago Gene England drove a truck for the company personaly, a man I respect.
    Now, the grandchildren of Chester England run the company with a new business plan, one that earns money by avoiding responsibility and cheating drivers.

In your message you say 'We need good, solid information, not so much personal dislikes and whining. Having solid information'.
    You have been provided solid facts, but are praising personal opinion instead. 'I like the company' or 'Dont like this company' are opinions. 'CRE cheats CSA2010' and 'I recorded CRE telling my wife to sleep on the floor of a moving truck' are facts.

Its no secret that companies try to post propaganda here to make thier companies look vetter. I wonder if you are a one of those guys or if you realy are this blind. Do your research, take everything with a grain of salt. Read between the lines. Soon you'll ask yourself 'why do 10266 drivers leave CRE each year when the company only employs 5900 drivers? Why do so many drivers hate CRE england?' 174% turnover rate and all the posts everywhere speaks volumes if you bother to listen.

Now my opinion... train at ANY other company, stay away from CRE unless you have a criminal record or DUIs. Personaly, I've enjoyed USA Trucking... not a perfect company but they are trying to improve in all aspects and wont kill you or your career. Opinions are widespread though, just dont blindly jump at any company. Do your research.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.