sammons out of missoula, mt

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by broncrider, Nov 20, 2007.

1. southbuckeye80

southbuckeye80 Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Covington, GA
    I live on the east side of Atlanta and I do good. Freight is really slow right now but my average is above what Sammonsrecruiter said. I get through the house more then most drivers (aka 34 hr reset) but that is because my wife watches all the different load boards constantly so we can attempt to plan the best we can. I've been here since may and most of the people in Montana and Davenport IA offices are great.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    What do your lanes in and out of the Chicagoland area look like? I know you guys pull out of the Deere plants in IA which is only a small ride from me. Does Sammons haul much out of Cat? Say the Aurora IL plant? Also what is it like getting back into this same area or through it for a weekend?

As for the trucks, What all do you offer for the L/P program and what are the specs on the truck?(speed limiter, HP setting, level of interior, ability to mod the truck(invertor/APU)?

4. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I'm also curious in the lease purchase program dow nthe road and curious if it is forced dispatch and set up fo the truck and things like that. curious how much freedom the lease guys truly have

5. bonedust68

bonedust68 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2011
    La Fonda, Mexico
    What all do you offer for the L/P program and what are the specs on the truck?(speed limiter, HP setting, level of interior, ability to mod the truck(invertor/APU)? also take on a passenger g/f pet? I wanna work to live not the other way around so having company helps.

6. Sammonsrecruiter

Sammonsrecruiter Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2010
    missoula, mt
    The Wife is fine. Trucks are governed at 70 on the pedal and68 on the cruise. All are 450 HP or above. Not fans of modifying the truck.Inverters are fine but need a shop to install them. An APU later in the leaseis possible with approval. All the trucks have Wabasto bunk heaters. Pets arefine within reason.

7. basscase_2000

basscase_2000 Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2005
    My experience was good with Sammons. Don't get me wrong, there were hard times, and a bit of a learning curve to being a lease driver. I learned the good frieght areas, the bad ones, and how to tell the difference between them. There are some really good people there, and my biggest mistake was leaving after I paid my truck off. Learned a lot more about how trucking companies shouldnt be run from the companies I hired on to after Sammons. Now I just have to swallow my pride, and cheap truckstop food waiting for Sammons to start accepting lease apps again. God and T.M. Willing, I will be back.

Are they accepting yet?

LostOne9 Thanks this.
  8. basscase_2000

basscase_2000 Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Sorry, double post.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  9. Sammonsrecruiter

Sammonsrecruiter Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2010
    missoula, mt
    We have a couple trucks right now.

10. Tony 1970

Tony 1970 Bobtail Member

May 1, 2013
    I'm a Sammons driver lazy drivers drivers don't think for themselves communicate and put it a honest days work won't make it here

11. tchrist

tchrist Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2013
    Does sammons hire drivers right out of school?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.