sammons out of missoula, mt

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by broncrider, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Sammonsrecruiter

Sammonsrecruiter Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2010
    missoula, mt
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wildcat74

Wildcat74 Medium Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    Sammons, any chance you would allow an interested and qualified party to see your load board and get an idea of what you've got going? In Northern CA for the time being but looking to relocate to ID and away from the politics of this place, just would like to see what you've got going on in the mountain-west. Thank you for your time!

Rodneylh Thanks this.
  4. Sammonsrecruiter

Sep 16, 2010
    missoula, mt
    Can't get you access but we could read through it for you if you call recruiting. The way it is set up for access you need to have a our software on your computer.

5. Wildcat74

Wildcat74 Medium Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    Thanks for the reply, I'll have to get with one of you guys and hear the pitch personally, I'm intrigued.

6. Natks8

Natks8 Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2013
    I'm going to put my application in in October ( don't have a year on a flatbed yet) sammons, are all of the trucks 13 speed?

7. Sammonsrecruiter

Sep 16, 2010
    missoula, mt
  8. Natks8

Natks8 Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Ok thanks, if I have to get in a 10 will I have a option to trade for a 13

9. Sammonsrecruiter

Sep 16, 2010
    missoula, mt
    We don't trade trucks. You'll need to pick from what we have. Chances are we'll have a 13 speed if not when you apply perhaps a few weeks down the road. get approved and we'll see what we have then if we don't have one then perhaps by the time you are ready to make the move we will have one..

10. cableguy66

cableguy66 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Lock Haven, Pa
    Just a heads up to anyone thinking about driving for them, make sure you have OTR experience, northeast or regional won't cut it, and plan on staying out 4-6 weeks. Yup it's true, don't go by their site because it's not accurate. Here was my experience with them today.

Well I've been reading the posts on here and doing research online, and Sammons sounded the best.... so I decided to call Sammons today, a female rep answered, told them I was interested in working for them but had a few questions. Asked multiple questions about the setup of the truck, what areas do they run the most, etc. and all I got was a lot of "I don't know's" or "I'm not sure" for answers. She said to fill an online application, told her I'd like to know about the questions I asked beforehand, but she seemed to be in a hurry, so told her I would and hung up. So after carefully considering about Sammons after the phone call, I filled out the online application, I was actually surprised I got a call back for another lady fairly quickly. Unfortunately that was the only thing that was good about the whole thing and the call didn't take long because according to her, even though I had a few years in driving in the Northeast pulling flat bed, step deck and heavy haul, her excuse was because "I haven't been driving in all 48 states, you don't have experience in driving in different weather conditions and mountains"?? I said "Seriously"?? Well I think she needs to come to the Northeast in the dead of winter and then tell me I don't have experience in them conditions. And then the 2nd reason was "We want you to stay out 4-6 weeks and because I didn't do OTR, I won't stay out 4-6 weeks"?? Now by this time, I'm thinking this is really funny. So by this time I already had my mind made up that I wasn't going to argue with someone who already thinks she knows how well I can drive. But funny how according to the video's on Sammon's website, they say "You can run when you want and come home when you want" .... well evidently you can't or they won't hire you. Sammons, you need to update your website and tell the true details and tell your drivers in the videos to tell them to say what you told me and not what you want prospective drivers to hear. Glad I found out their true motives BEFORE I went and done something stupid and started driving for them!

Also, this is not really to do with my experience with Sammon's, but sorta does... I hear people on the CB saying and bragging about how they have 20, 30, 40 years experience driving a truck acting like their professional drivers and then saying how the drivers with only a couple years under their belt don't know much about driving..... makes me bust out laughing, especially when I see these so-called experienced drivers trying to maneuver their truck in a tight spot or even trying to park their truck at a truck stop, takes forever for them to do it ..... so that's just proof that you professionals might have drove for 20-40 years, DOESN'T always mean you can drive better than other drivers. I've seen a quite a few of these so called professionals try to park a truck many many times and it takes them longer than the rookies. And after the new "30 minutes off within 8 hours" law, you should have heard all these professionals on the CB trying to figure that one out. LMAO!!

11. rkh1980

rkh1980 Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2014
    On average how much do drivers actually. put in there pockets with the lease program

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.