Sammons Trucking is looking for Owner Operators flat, step, and rgn.

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by Sammonsrecruiter, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sammonsrecruiter

Sammonsrecruiter Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2010
    missoula, mt
    We have 48' flats at $165, 48' steps at $190. Getting your own trailer is fine with us. The rent is in keeping with our expenses. Tire prices continue to increase it's over $4000 for 8 tires now plus brakes, plates, insurance and other repairs. Trailer rent is not a profit center for us. We as a company would prefer to not be in the trailer rental business.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. vangtransport

vangtransport Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2009
    LOL, what?

4. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I appreciate the explanation, honestly. What would it cost to do everything in one year,,,tires, brakes, plates, ins and other repairs?

5. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    You will have to forgive me for not getting it but, what is "what?" for?

6. Excorcist1

Excorcist1 Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Chestertown, MD
    All this is good to know. The more I get on my own {base, used trailer, etc] the more I can pocket. Thanks for info and inputs.

7. KenworthGuyNH

KenworthGuyNH Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Central, NH

You trained with TMC as a company hand right? Sammons is an all O/O outfit, and any O/O that is pulling open deck SHOULD already know how to secure their freight. I don't see how they should be obliged to offer training that should already be in your skill set.

8. Sammonsrecruiter

Sep 16, 2010
    missoula, mt
    The total cost we would have to estimate not knowing the trailer by it's self but I can tell you as a fleet for us the flats cost us $165 a week or $8580 a year and so on. That's where we get the numbers. 9 cents to 12 cents a mile.

9. vangtransport

vangtransport Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2009
    If you're researching a lease purchase I would guess it's your intent to do one, but then you ended by saying it's the least thing you would want to do. I was confused as to what you are looking to do is all.

10. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Yes I did, unfortunetly I was only with them 3 mo's, due to an injury, not related to flatbed. In my situation, only having 3mo's and wanting to become an O/O, I would have to go back to TMC and get 9 more mo's and I don't really have an issue with that, was just having a conversation. Wasn't really stating that Sammon's SHOULD have fletbed training, just talking about it is all. I am sure you and your fellow Sammon's drivers are happy that they don't train and that a driver must have 12 mo's before they can come over. I don't have a problem with that at all.

11. Sammonsrecruiter

Sep 16, 2010
    missoula, mt
    I wish we could help.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.