Sammons trucking L/P. The good, the bad, and the fine print.

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Kritter11B3, Feb 24, 2016.

1. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Nope, if you run for that your being ignorant, I never run anywhere near that cheap, he was taking garbage loads to get an extra 4% instead of hauling Sammons freight at a decent rate. To get that low rate he was hauling for 1.30 a mile gross. As I said they will let you haul garbage if you want, your the boss here but don't blame the company for not babysitting you, this place is for big boys. I am still averaging well over $2 a mile on legal loads, more for OD.

freightwipper Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ted Bowens

Ted Bowens Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Southwestern Washington
    I see photos on the Sammons Facebook page all the time. Almost all of the loads are "no tarp". Is that a realistic expectation, or do they just post those with no tarp?

4. DrFlush

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    All depends, I know guys that don't even carry tarps, and guys that tarp fairly often, I tarped two loads last month, before that I think it was September. Most of our freight seems to be no tarp. I tarp but only if it pays well or if I'm taking it to get somewhere and it pays decent

5. Riffman

Riffman Light Load Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Phoenix, az
    I have four years otr but no flatbed. Is there any wiggle room on this? Will any of the drivers help out with good freight lanes and how to find better freight? Or isn't pretty self explanatory. This would b a new experience for me, I am a bit green in this area.

6. Riffman

Nov 27, 2011
    Phoenix, az
    I have four years otr but no flatbed. Is there any wiggle room on this? Will any of the drivers help out with good freight lanes and how to find better freight? Or isn't pretty self explanatory. This would b a new experience for me, I am a bit green in this area.

A moment ago
    + QuoteReply

7. DrFlush

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    It was a minimum of one year open deck and two years OTR when I started, you would have to talk to someone in the office to find out what current requirement is. I learned the lanes on my own, goys here are pretty friendly and most will help the new guys learn our better areas

8. Riffman

Nov 27, 2011
    Phoenix, az
    Thanks man. Appreciate it

9. KriegHund

KriegHund Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    On a hill south of heaven
    In large wording that's clearly readable on the website FSC goes to truck.

10. 8700

8700 Bobtail Member

May 10, 2016
    I was thinking of talking to Sammons but I hate what these trucking companies are doing to drivers with lease perches so many people are getting hurt and there family is suffering and as I have seen the people who set this up has no concatenation for the person all that are doing is kissing ### in the long run these dip ####s will get no reward in the end and the owner of the company will walkway laughing. No body should ever ever lease a truck from any company these companies are the lowest of the low real gutter rat. I have seen over and over that smile to your face and with the other hand reaching in your pocket buyers beware.

11. 8700

8700 Bobtail Member

May 10, 2016

MOGLAR Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.