Santa Fe Springs/La Mirada

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by Warpdrvr, May 29, 2010.

1. Warpdrvr

Warpdrvr Heavy Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    Hi all current, prior, and future WS employees:

I thought I'd start a thread for the SFS/La Mirada shop and terminal. This could be a place for drivers based there to hang out, or just gripe and moan about California....LOL

truckerdaddy24 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Deserted1

Deserted1 Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Riverside, ca
    55mph sucks LOL...

4. Warpdrvr

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    That it does my friend....it's worse on the way home as we've been going faster for weeks and weeks, and suddenly a couple hundred miles from home, forced to s-l-o-w down....and think we're never gonna get there!

5. Deserted1

Deserted1 Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Riverside, ca
    actually thats what gets me about it, comming home we slow down to 55ish to be legal right, i still have trucks blowing by me at 65.. what gives lol

6. Warpdrvr

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    yeah, they say they won't pull you over in the Southern CA area doing 65 out on the interstates, but as cash strapped as our state is, I wouldn't take the chance...I do 55"ish"

7. WingRider

WingRider Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Salem, OR
    Check this out: Saturday afternoon I had a load from Miller in Irwindale, took an empty trailer up, the guard said to drop my empty and that they were loading my trailer in door 17, I could back up to it but not latch on. I backed up to the trailer, sat there doing paperwork and such, waved back and forth at the yard hostlers a few times. Went out looked in my trailer, there was about 3 or 4 pallets loaded already so I figured it wouldnt take much longer. Decided to take a nap (its about 6pm by now). Woke up about 5am, a new yard hostler came over to my truck as I was looking in my trailer which still has the same 3 or 4 pallets in it. He asks what Im doing hangin around here, I said Im waiting on my load. He then tells me that the loading crew went home at midnight and wont be back till TUESDAY!!!! Well, I bobtailed back to SFS and sent a QC message to Shirley who wasnt in on Sunday,so the message went to Missoula and Chistina was in, she gave me new load to Lakewood and Im on my way now. Kudos to CMS in Missoula, she was on top of it.

Oh wait! There's more..... some SOB steals my laundy bag WHILE Im doing laundry!!

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  8. Warpdrvr

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    I have a load from Miller as well...mine was in the "side yard", they had just moved it. Easiest Miller load ever. Broke their seal, got the paperwork, resealed with a WS one and on my way...did stop on that little street they are on and slid my tandems tho...even with the pins correctly set for CA, I was 2k+ pounds over on my drives, and only at 30k on the trailer tandems...I moved the pins up 6 holes and it's fine now....the trailer corners great now, acts like a shorter one, although have to watch the tail swing...

If Miller there in Irwindale goes that good all the time it won't bother me at all. I picked up at Miller in Ft. Worth and man, they almost want your DNA to even get IN with an empty....then you scale out and they won't even tell you what you weigh!

9. WingRider

Dec 3, 2007
    Salem, OR
    Did they let you check your axle weights as you left at Irwindale?

10. Warpdrvr

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    No, the side yard is outside of the actual gate, so I would have had to go back in, use the entrance scale, I guess, then turn around and go back out. The guard was really nice, I suppose he would have let me if I had asked...anyways, it's all good. I spent the night at a TS 3 miles from my delivery and just waiting to leave now. Suppose I'll come back here and do my empty/avail macro and wait it out....

11. WingRider

Dec 3, 2007
    Salem, OR
    Usually Miller wont let you axel out, thats why I was asking, thought maybe they had a change of heart.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.