SAV Express Minneapolis, Mn

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by smurf-316, Jan 25, 2017.

1. JoeyBowman

JoeyBowman Medium Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    NC
    LOL. When I worked there (2010-2014) On a very rare occasion they’d run a print out of all trucks that went over 75. Everyone on it had to do a defensive driving class and a 3 day suspension. Did it once. Tried to keep it under 75 any time after that.

2. JoeyBowman

JoeyBowman Medium Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    NC

Sounds like an alright outfit

3. smurf-316

smurf-316 Resident Nut Case

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Got me a load out of Davenport. Picking up going to Atlanta. They gave me a number to call the guy that would come and load me Saturday. I call this guy and he says I can't load you after 1 p.m. I called dispatch they call and argue with a guy. So couldn't get loaded Saturday and of course Monday was a holiday so our office and everything else was closed. I was extremely upset. I sit at the Iowa 80 truck stop from noon Saturday until 8:30 a.m. Tuesday morning. Thankfully our lead dispatcher called me and said I am very sorry about what happened and I don't understand why they didn't load you. But we're going to pay you for Saturday and Sunday that you had to sit and you get holiday pay for Monday anyway. So I ended up making $340 to sit 3 days and watch TV. Got to reset and a shower and some pretty good food. They made it right and although I could have made more driving. It sure beats setting for free. Now I finally do have my load to Atlanta.

4. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Medium Load Member

Oct 10, 2016
    IL
    If it had to happen, at least you were at a decent place and not some rest area with only a vending machine. On the other hand I just sat for 43 hours at the Petro in Bordentown, NJ and it #### near drove me insane, don't think I could have done 68 and a half.

Cudos to SAV for stepping up and paying you.

Vic Firth and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    According to the good old quailcom. We are now officially on practical mileage pay. A safety bonus is also being implemented and they will have the details in the next month or so. I am very glad to hear this news. The lack of a bonus program was probably the biggest negative I can think of. So apparently management was telling the truth when they said they were going to implement bonuses in the future.

6. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Minneapolis to Lebanon Tennessee. Back to Minneapolis then down to Charlotte for some home time. I hope I have enough Recaps to get home!

7. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Well I have been stuck on the yard since January 17th. I had a load to deliver about an hour from the yard on the way up from Tennessee. Got hit with bronchitis and had to come to the yard instead. Been here for the last 3 days. Went to the doctor. And the doctor said no more monkeys jumping on the bed. No he didn't really say that I'm just kidding. He said go get all this dope and you shall feel better. I hope so cuz I'm leaving tomorrow for a Texas load. They're supposed to get slammed in Iowa and Minnesota Sunday with a massive snow storm. So I really need to get the hell out of here and head SOUTH! You know like a Duck in the winter!

Suspect Zero and Vic Firth Thank this.
  8. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Heavy Load Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
  9. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    Hope you feel better quick! Smurfs are to short for a snowstorm!

Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted