SAV Express Not sure where to categorize

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by jeff7788, Mar 28, 2017.

1. jeff7788

jeff7788 Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Hey all. I recently switched over to SAV Express out of Coon rapids Minnesota. I wasn't really sure where to label this one. SAV was willing to risk hiring me due to many jobs, Before you jump the gun, I have a VERY short fuse when it comes to people lying about things. I can't handle BS as much as others, it eats me alive day in and day out. Anyways enough with that. SAV was my last resort for now to hopefully change my hatred towards many companies. I will say, the first month or two were AWESOME. Its a dry van company, and to get 1,100 mile trips or 2,200 mile trips is pretty impressive in my opinion. I was running out to Arizona, California, etc. We normally don't run out those ways. Were more of a midwest kind of company. I had loads before I even delivered the current load, and I mean id have a load two days before delivery at times. I started just before thanksgiving 2016. It is now march 28th of 2017 and things have changed quite a bit. Mind you, I keep to my self about complaining so to speak, just because I wanna make sure its even worth it. So with that being said, I have lost so many miles, I went from 2800-3200 miles a week, down to 500-2300 miles a week, at 42 cpm its rough. Dispatcher has been changed not by choice, (a guy quit). Si*$ just hit the fan. Its actually sad, because I found a place I was actually content at and enjoyed, to now I'm just like a rag doll, only used when needed. It isn't just me either, I've talked to 4 other drivers here, one specifically in the yard, and he said he quit because of it and then came back in hopes it had changed, but it didn't. Oh well, just figured id throw this out there. If anyone has questions ill do my best to answer them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pintlehook

Pintlehook Road Train Member

May 2, 2013
    jeff7788, Suspect Zero and bzinger Thank this.
  4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Smurf must be doing something right, he seems to like it. Sorry things changed for ya, driver.

5. smurf-316

smurf-316 Resident Nut Case

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    I have worked for three companies in my Trucking career and for me at least SAV is by far the best company I have worked for. The dispatcher who quit was my dispatcher. He was only with the company a few months. I will not pretend to know why he left because I have no clue. I now have a new dispatcher but I must say things have not really changed for me. My miles are stacked up. If I have Time on my clock then I am moving. Averaging right around 3,000 miles per week. My advice would be to speak to the owner Mike Abbott. Very down-to-earth guy and easy to talk to. If you have slipped through the cracks since your dispatcher left Mike would definitely be the one to correct that problem.

Lonesome, Vic Firth and bzinger Thank this.
  6. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    This thread is an example of the way it should be on a forum.
    Driver A explains with details the issues with a company.
    Driver B helps by tagging someone who works there.
    Driver C gives first hand knowledge.

D LOOK, jeff7788, Lonesome and 3 others Thank this.
  7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    That would be nice, but most of these bad company posts are too small to expect two drivers to actually be regulars here.
    Not to mention how many are 1099 companies....

8. jeff7788

jeff7788 Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2017

Well how do I get into contact? I really like it here as I feel like a owner operator in a way but the inconsistent miles and not wanting to pay layover is just getting old.

9. jeff7788

jeff7788 Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2017
    I don't really know how I could've went wrong, I was getting loads back to back while other drivers were sitting waiting for a load. So I did very well and everything they asked of me, then miles dropped.

10. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Next time you're in maybe ask to talk to someone and layout the situation as you see it, and your needs. Or voice them before you get back in so a meeting can be arranged for when you get back in next? It might be something out of your control or it might be just a glitch in how your new dispatcher thinks you want to run or he's overloaded at the moment or something that is easily fixable.

You won't know until you talk to people, but I would imagine the odds of remedying the situation are much greater at a smaller place like SAV then at a mega. Be polite, but also be sure you get your side of the story out and your questions answered.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    smurf-316 and sevenmph Thank this.
  11. smurf-316

smurf-316 Resident Nut Case

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Mike is in the office almost every day. He's also in and out of the drivers lounge. I would give my dispatcher a chance to fix it first. Then I would go to Mike or Megan if that doesn't work. I told them as soon as I walked in the door that If I start sitting all the time I will be gone. I put up with that crap at Beacon. The owner told me "Sitting trucks can't make money." Somewhere during the transition you were lost in the shuffle. I am friends with 4 other drivers there and I can tell you we don't sit! EVER! This week 2862 miles. YOU NEED TO TALK TO SOMEBODY!!!

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.