Savings before Lease

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Kingty9183, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Kingty9183

Kingty9183 Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2019
    Connecticut
    I eventually wanna work for myself. After I get my Class A in a few months I plan on working as a company driver for between one and two years just letting the business and saving up everything I can before getting into the lease program and I'm not going to jump into the first one I see I'll see which one is beneficial for me

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oakland Raiders Forever

Oakland Raiders Forever Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2020
    But why a lease purchase ?

4. Kingty9183

Jul 19, 2019
    Connecticut
    What would u recommend??

5. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Study the leases you are thinking about getting into , read the contract. Do the math. Add up exactly how much $ you would have to give to the company your leasing from to complete the lease and make the truck your own. Read every thread on here about lease to purchase deals. I think you will find a lot of negative stories from people that tried them. Ask yourself why does a company offer lease purchase ???

Kingty9183 Thanks this.
  6. Oakland Raiders Forever

Oakland Raiders Forever Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2020
    I would recommend saving up enough money to buy my truck outright or if you can't swing that save up enough down payment to where someone would want to finance you like say 20 , 30 , 40 % down on a good used truck. 99% of every lease story I hear seems to be I wouldn't do it again. If you still want to try this come back here with the numbers so we could analyze what exactly your getting your self into.

Kingty9183 Thanks this.
  7. Kingty9183

Jul 19, 2019
    Connecticut
    Seems theres alot of horror stories on here when it comes to leasing. I know I'm going to have to spend the next year or two putting away everything I can but I think you're right financing a truck Maybe better longer-term. As a company driver I'll spend as much time as I can learning the business end of things so that I'm better prepared as well as reading more forums and asking more questions

8. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    Well good luck to you man and keep us posted on your success!

9. Crazytrucker77

Crazytrucker77 Heavy Load Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    I think people are more shocked about how much it actually cost to run one of these trucks. I have been a lease driver for three years and I'm still kicking. Now keep in mind I'm not a lease purchase. I can tell you that you will have to work your butt off to even have a chance at succeeding. I have a thread on here called my lease Adventure where I give out all my numbers. Feel free to check it out and ask any questions you want I will do what I can for you.

natedogg323, dwells40 and Kingty9183 Thank this.
  10. Kingty9183

Jul 19, 2019
    Connecticut
    Can you send me the link to your thread?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.