Scale crossing photo tagging technology...

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Scooter Jones, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I picked up produce in Brawley a cpl of weeks ago. On Hwy 86 headed back towards Mecca there was a permanent checkpoint set up with the border patrol, as I rolled by, the infrared camera snapped a photo of me.

There's also a camera on Hwy 97 south abouth 15 miles north of Klamath Falls that snaps a photo also.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. coueshunter

coueshunter Heavy Load Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Hell they have them on I17, I10 both directions and at freeway speed!

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Roanoke, Knoxville (Especially this one... they can and do scan for nuclear material for example) Maryland and so on etc. Most of the time Im not concerned about it. SMILE!

5. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Talked with the Aurora scale lady a few weeks back asking about the camera and if it was actually doing what they wanted out of it. Turns out the main reason behind it was due to CRST team trucks (mostly them but other team trucks of course), drivers [using the term very loosely] would "adjust" their logs and not be the actual driver at the controls crossing the scales...without photo evidence, ORDOT couldn't prove that the individual was not legal on hours to be at the wheel. It snowballed from that intent. They clear their data in the 4th week of the month, which is why the scale is closed towards the end of the month...it's a very detailed procedure, not due to budget.

6. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    The Ashland NB scale also takes your picture when you enter or go by the scale open or closed

7. ramblingman

ramblingman Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Never cross cottonwood. Not even empty. They're one of the worst in the lower 48

8. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    I call double BS.

1. My carrier is Oregon based, our compliance person gets ORDOT's records of scale crossings weekly, if our logbook doesn't match we hear about it. If Ashland took my picture when they're closed, I would have heard about it more than once.

2. A few posts back you said that Cottonwood shares information with Oregon. Exactly what information and how is the sharing facilitated?

otherhalftw Thanks this.
  9. dunchues

dunchues Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2012
    new brunswick
    Very good video on you tube about this, based at the i95 coop just after leaving Georgia. lasts about half an hour and worth watching.

10. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    There actually some of the nicest guys around as far as DOT goes

otherhalftw and double yellow Thank this.
  11. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    They're share data with Oregon as far as when you crossed the scale. They can get on their computer and see when you crossed oregons scales. Dunsmuir has the same capabilities.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.