Scary side of trucking

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by hopeful eyes, Jul 25, 2020.

1. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    Im confused. Did this pain just show up one day unannounced? Why is it some god's fault?

hopeful eyes Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hopeful eyes

hopeful eyes Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2020
    Richmond, Virginia
    I am very stressed and depressed. No energy to argue. Took the dreaded muscle relaxant. Feeling sleepy. Good friends. If you believe there is a God and he is good then pray for my pain. I want to be pain free again. I want to be a successful trucker. This is not some knee pain or something. It is affecting my whole head :(
    Good night

4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Trucking and God have something in common.

In the totality of both entities, certain people choose to assign blame or praise based on what they personally get out of it on a day to day basis.

I guess that is why the turnover rate is so high.
    But in those greener pastures, too often is found only foul green mold.

What most people do not grasp is that both entities are simply testing/challenging your intellect and understanding.

homeskillet and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    With all due respect brother @MACK E-6 is one of the hardest workin truckers on this forum . He does the job that alot of us otr drivers couldnt last a day doing

TexasKGB and Mohtrucker Thank this.
  6. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I am forced to take back my getting out of this topic. I also will not be as tactful in this reply as @REO6205 and @MACK E-6 has been toward you.

You are either willfully being dense on these subjects OR you are actually about as dense as a fence post or doorknob, at this point I don't know which is the correct one and to be honest it don't really matter. Go back to my comment that drew this ignorant reply. The first problem is you seem to have this brain lock that safety is compromised ONLY if the actions result in death. I have seen with my own eyes how dangerous today's truckers can be! This is NOT an opinion it is an established fact! The majority of today's drivers are not as experienced as they were 40 years ago. This lack of experience shows up painfully with clear evidence of their poor decision making. While it is a waste of my time I will again summarize my point about this generation of drivers. They are NOT all bad! I have had the pleasure to work with some fantastic drivers that are still under 30 today. It is the ratio of good drivers v bad and unprofessional drivers that is worse. A bad and unprofessional driver is MORE than one that gets people killed. I will spend NO more of my time trying to get this through what appears to be a really thick head, except to repeat something my father once said. "The only thing harder than a diamond is a Truckers head". Unfortunately, this seems to apply to you! Have a great one! I am done now!

homeskillet and olddog_newtricks Thank this.
  7. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    If you made $1800 last week why are you going to drive OTR with Swift? Also why don't you already have that F-150? Sounds like you're driving for Uber and also doing food deliveries. Are you looking at trucking for the insurance? With Swift you'll have health insurance but you're not going to make $1800 very often if ever with them or most driving jobs. You do know you'll be driving 60 to 70 hours a week with most likely an inconsistent schedule along with other on duty time.
    You also realize that you won't have much for time off with them where as now if you don't want to work for a couple of days just don't sign up for any deliveries on your apps.
    Never the less Good Luck. I just find this puzzling.

homeskillet, buddyd157 and Mohtrucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.