Scary side of trucking

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by hopeful eyes, Jul 25, 2020.

1. farmerjohn64

farmerjohn64 Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Your choice, but I would highly advise against that; the world is full of wants and wishes, but in my experience rarely does any come to pass; if your faith in anything is that shaky then maybe you should look in the mirror and take a self evaluation; faith isn’t about quitting and give up when the road gets bumpy, it’s about persevering and never changing who or what you are regardless of the obstacles that lay in front of you; in my opinion you suffer from a weak resolve, but I’m sure it’s just because you’re still pissed off at the world due to your accident

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    The scariest thing in trucking is DOT Inspection.

Cause some guys interpretation of a weeping seal, an oil drip, a chaffed air line, God forbid you have a marker light go out, can have some really big ramifications on your business.

None of that crap has the slightest thing to do with safety.

But you will be classified as unsafe or at a higher risk.

4. hopeful eyes

hopeful eyes Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2020
    Richmond, Virginia
    God is either bad/cruel or a myth. There is really no 3rd option. I am still giving him a chance. 18 more months of patience I am giving him. I dont want money and riches and fame. I want my health and peaceful night's sleep back. If I don't get that back, I am done with him. My mission in life will be to curse him. He is after the good health of a little man.

5. farmerjohn64

Jun 25, 2019
    Hence why I gave you two options, I was the same before, tried for the longest to deny he even existed but always in the back of my head I did what you’re doing now; it’s better to make your choice now before it’s too late, but I suppose once you’re all burnt out you’ll grow tired of the whole ordeal and make a decision like I did

6. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I finally got me an F150 XL after driving for 2 years and some change. Bare stock purchase. I've wanted a pickup my whole life, finally jumped in. She's beautiful.

One of my biggest selling points to finally get a new ride is that I am a professional driver now. So my POV should reflect that. It should be in tip-top condition. If a potential employer sees me driving in for an interview in a piece of crap, how does that look on me? It looks bad. Because they don't know me. They don't know that I am just trying to be very frugal.

Before trucking when I worked on computers in IT, my own personal computers always operated like it was bran new, even 10 years later. Your image is important, it took me over 30 years to figure it out. But after I have learned to invest some of my own money into things, it makes sense

farmerjohn64 and hopeful eyes Thank this.
  7. hopeful eyes

Jul 4, 2020
    Richmond, Virginia
    I remember 7 months ago when I was going for my MRI, I washed myself and prayed, and I wrote "The Healer" on a little piece of paper and hang it around my neck. He still didn't hear the little man! He is either a myth or he doesn't care.

8. hopeful eyes

Jul 4, 2020
    Richmond, Virginia
    Congrats on the truck. Happy for you. I was in IT too. I didn't like having cooworkers so I quit.

TravR1 Thanks this.
  9. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Typically they don’t have CDLs.

10. farmerjohn64

Jun 25, 2019
    So you wrote something on a little piece of paper, that’s great, but I’m not surprised it didn’t work and I’m sure the millions, billions before you weren’t surprised either; life sucks and you need to accept that for what it is, I’m not gonna tell you what a lot of other people would about how they have or know of people with much more serious problems than your Insignificant problem since it’s a big deal to you and this approach would do you no service, but what I will say is you should be happy and appreciative of what you do have and accept things for the way they are because this “18 month miracle” bs isn’t gonna happen.

11. hopeful eyes

Jul 4, 2020
    Richmond, Virginia
    :(

farmerjohn64 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.