Schneider chat room - Closed see new thread linked in the last post

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by TennMan, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KE5WDP

KE5WDP Road Train Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Caddo Lake, Texas
    I just spent 16 hours and 40 min at the house. Left my Coleman cooler on in the truck. Got back and it was still on. Truck cranked fine.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    The plan is simple invest in apus if your really serous about saving fuel and caring for drivers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Female Driver Thanks this.
  4. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    so far is it only van truckload division? And no mention made in that incab video about Cpap users?

5. KE5WDP

KE5WDP Road Train Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Caddo Lake, Texas
    Van and dedicated. If you have a cpap, the rule still effects you. Per crossroads

6. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    The idling sensor was a deal-killer for me as far as returning to SNI. If they can't deal with drivers on an individual basis on the important issues, why bother?

On the good side, I have a new Asset Manager (driver manager, dispatcher, whatever...) here at Crete. And she's on the ball. 2600 in 5 days last week, and will have around 2k in 4 days this week (just off hometime). Haven't seen that in some time. AND she's got me pre-planned before this load is off the wagon....now THAT I like.

Have fun with the bean counters there. I've got 'em here, too....but an actual idle restrictor? No thanks.

7. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Where does it say the temperature spread is 20-60? Everywhere I see it mentioned on crossroads it's 20-70.

8. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Even worse. With the right humidity and lack of wind, 70 translates to "pretty danged hot" inside these things in short order.

I'm really sorry to hear that SNI has stooped to this. I understand it in theory, but I just can't believe there's not a better way to deal with this.

9. OldRoadie

OldRoadie Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2012
    St. Louis, Missouri
    LOVE Imo's Pizza!!! I get out of Green Bay Friday, and will have some this weekend! On to Edwardsville for my "Tractor Assignment" Monday (after passing my SQT Thursday/Friday) Lotsa people (19) in my class here! WOO WOO!!!

Female Driver Thanks this.
  10. Female Driver

Female Driver Medium Load Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Midwest
    Wow, they decluttered Obetz since the last time I was here. 'Bout time!

11. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    well, fellow pumpkin drivers, after reading the memo on the idle restrictions and the sensor they are putting in the trucks, I think I will now get serious in finding a new company to drive for. I don't mind not idling, my idle is always under 5% every month, I save as much fuel as possible, I feel that is part of my job as a driver. However, as soon as I read where my truck would still shut off if I am in traffic, even if it is in gear with the clutch engaged, well, that is a deal breaker. I was stuck in Atlanta rush hour traffic yesterday, my truck would have shut off at least 15 times. Not only is that ridiculous, but it doesn't seem very safe to have a truck shutting off while you are in stop and go traffic.

Safety my butt.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.