Schneider chat room - Closed see new thread linked in the last post

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by TennMan, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DADof3

DADof3 Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    Here is our group strap and tarp job on our first load. Train Strap.jpg Train Tarp.jpg Not too pretty, but not bad for a bunch of people who where basically told to figure it out ourselves. What an OSR who gave us such an educational experience :biggrin_25513: Thanks goodness for you tube, otherwise I wouldn't even know how to roll the tarps back up. The rest of the guys are clueless how to do it. I told the ones I could remember about watching you tube videos.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sure

sure Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2012
    What? Did they move Derrick to that account? Lol

4. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Anyone else having trouble with the Qualcomm? Anyone know how to reset it? I have no signal and can't get my next assignment!

5. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Everyone here is complaining about this. It would appear the system is down. Just shut down for the rest of the night and tomorrow is another day.

HotH2o Thanks this.
  6. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    Call ops and get the load the old way pen and paper.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

7. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    I'd run that up the chain to safety. certainly there are some best practices that could be used in that job. Figuring out on your own isnt not the way to go , IMO.

8. almostthere

almostthere Light Load Member

May 23, 2010
    MN
    what account are you on with the flatbed loads? schneider has a new flatbed account for a window glass company in mn, only 40 miles from my house..1 trip out per week, leave sun afternoon or mon am back friday. never done flatbed but don't think i can pass it up...hope the training is better than what you got

9. Razororange

Razororange Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    That's messed up if they aren't even telling you the proper way to secure that load. I agree with others about contacting Safety about this. If something comes off the truck and it was not secured to DOT standards or better SNI will be held responsible. Also, you will have one hell of a fun time trying to explain it to the DOT officer in that scale when they decide to take a look at it.

First off, you should have the FMCSR book. Start reading from 393.100 to 393.136. This covers the requirements for load securement and the WLL of all your securement devices.

Second, I would seriously reconsider what you are doing if the company can't even provide a competent trainer for securement.

I think you guys did pretty good for no instruction. Just remember, 2 straps in the first and last 10 feet of the load and then at least 1 more every eight feet in between. 2 straps per stack of bundles. Gut straps like you have in between the layers.

Good luck with this. If you ever have a question go find another flatbedder where you're loading at and see if they can provide some insight.

10. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    for those who've had to run paper logs while qcomm down, how long after scanning logs in did regulatory take to get the log info transfered to elog?

They decided to arbitrarily change my elog without having all info to reflect drive time after I had the qcomm black box replaced. I of course logged properly on paper. Wasnt shutting down at Obetz since I normally park at dedicated customer, so I drove there m waiting for the black box to be configured while I was off-duty.

11. quil57

quil57 Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Willimantic, CT
    i have a question for team drivers if you drive 6,000 miles with your team mate do you split the miles in half

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.