Schneider chat room - Closed see new thread linked in the last post

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by TennMan, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oragonads

oragonads Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2011
    The Pacific Northwest
    Exact message I sent when I first came back from my last home time:

Home time request:

Last work day: 05/25
    Days off: 05/26 - 06/02
    Return to work: 06/03

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. oragonads

oragonads Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2011
    The Pacific Northwest
    Message I got back from my dbl:

10 4

4. sadwar

sadwar Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Lockport, IL
    I am taking six days off starting next week. I've been out two weeks prior. My DBL said no problem.

5. ricecakeftw

ricecakeftw Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2012
    liking my 4 1/2 days on, 2 1/2 days off here. Even though pay is getting hurt a bit, I don't mind being home every week. Plus, I'm getting my experience. :) I'm a happy guy.

6. blfan2002

blfan2002 Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Look I'm not putting schneider on a high pedestal but I have been here 8 months and I came fresh out of cdl school and I tried talking to other places and I even went to another trucking companies orientation that I was told was the best and I didn't get in then I came to schneider and at first it was hard and my temp dbl was having me out 2 weeks and home 2 days because that's what I signed up for. But then I got my permanent dbl and he asked me when I met him how do I want to run and I said "I want to be home every weekend" just playing around and he said "I can do that" because like he said you either do your 34 restart at a truck stop or you can do it at home and I still get the same amount of miles when I was out for 2 weeks but now I get to see the family more often. Granted the pay could be better and the benefits I pay for os the lowest one they offer which is to #### expensive and a waste of money but I'm happy here. This past winter my 1 year old daughter was sick and had to be hospitalized I called my dbl and he within 2 hours he got a driver nearby who was waiting for a load to come pick up my load and I got his mt and my dbl told me "come home and take of your family just keep me updated on what's going on" and I dead headed all the way back from Dallas. Yes they have their flaws in the company but what company doesn't? I've worked many different types of jobs from retail to pest control to construction and they all have their flaws but I can say for certain that I'm good with where I'm at. Bit don't get it twisted as soon as I get my 1 year experience that most companies are looking for that pay way better, best believe I'm kicking rocks and getting the hell out. One of the flaws with this company that pisses me off to no end is the fact that it relies to #### much with these qualcomms and when they go down there is NO back up plan but to say "just hang in there we are working on the problem" what is that crap. Before I gor my cdl I was in college in computer networking and even in that we were taught how to have a very good and secure back up plan. But if you guys keep up with reports and trucking news a law is being passed or has passed that ALL companies by the middle of 2014 MUST use electronic logging, so no matter where we go your going to encounter the same problem. About the other company I went to orientation to my friend went to that company because he got in and I didn't, now wants me to get him in here because he hates it over there. They have him running 20 to 24 days out and only 3 days off and I remember when the recuiter came in to my cdl school she said "if you have a load being dropped off near your home terminal, are you gonna sleep in your truck or go home?" Well he tried that and the times he did that he got a call from dbl's telling him "you still have hours to drive get back in your truck and you need to drive them" and he only got to see his family for a couple of minutes. I told him I'm glad I didn't get in that company because I would have been fired by now. And here at schneider I've done that many times even when I got 8 hours to drive and I never recieved not 1call about it. My dbl said "I don't care just as long as you get your loads there on time, I care less what you do". In fact our oc has emails which your oc's probably do and I'm at 7+ weeks at 100%. So I to have my complaints but not enough to hate the company or not big enough to want to hate the company.

jakecat22 and tnscavenger Thank this.
  7. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    I would agree.
    At first, it was a struggle to get home on time. Then you start hating SNI on Monday, because you know they won't get you home on Friday as promised, and your whole week is miserable.
    Then I changed DBL's, and after about a month and a couple of trips home, I requested home time and he said, "I have already put it in for you."

SNI is so big, that often it is simply a matter of who you deal with as to whether you'll be happy or not.......unfortunately. My best advice is if you're not getting what you want, be it home time, miles, whatever; change DBL's. Don't go around being mad all the time or leave what is actually a pretty good company to work for simply because you drew the short straw when it came to DBL's.

Good luck!!

P.S. and yes, the communications system is absolutely unworkable.......try not to depend on it.

8. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    When Qualcomm goes down you go old school and pick up phone and call. Depending on crash most dbl All ready have your info. Some times getting home on time doesn't work it depends on the freight up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

9. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Well another great week sat waited 6 hrs at ship to load for 257 miles with 2 days(could not relay) then unload get a 53 mile load that takes 6 1/2 hrs to load. Next load will b late a 506 miles get to csn and get scre am ed at by csn. Unload then theirs a giant hole in roof. Middle of nowhere have to wait till am to get fixed so lose another day. Then get next load that should have dlvd day b4 (398 miles) get yelled at by csn again. Backed up by a wonderful 298 miles. Backed up a 253 mile load that should have dlvd mon bt its fri. Get to rcv they are closed. Nobody has any idea what they are doing and nothing but short haul crap.

10. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    might be time to go over DBL's head. Also I hope you have some good leads on a better company that treats their drivers better than here.

11. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Probably trying to bleed you out of your grandfathered pay rate.

BossOutlaw88 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.